PayPal is siding with a Fraudulent Seller

FraudHunter
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase based on a seller ad for a cooler that was described as 26.5 inches long x 17 inches wide x 15.5 inches tall.  What I got was an item the measured 5x2x2 inches in size, in other words, they completely switch to a completely different item worth about $2 each versus the $20 each I paid.  It was a bait and switch and Paypal sided with the Fraud.

They made me realize that Paypal is not a legitimate entity and basically fraudulent themselves.  I filed a complaint with all the information to the NY State Attorney Generals office today naming Paypal as a cohort to the fraud.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL FOR PURCHASES, THEY PROTECT THE FRAUD, NOT THE CONSUMER.

Tomorrow I will go to my bank with all my documents and what was sent to me and they WILL go in and pull the money back to my account.

I will NEVER use paypalfraud ever again to make purchases because they fail to protect the consumer.  All the companies that are causing issues are China based businesses and Paypay has a duty to block those fraudulent entities so that users do not fall victim. 

Here is the company that I had issues with:  BUYER STAY AWAY and certainly do not use PayPal Zhixin Trading Co., Ltd.  AKA INTELTEY

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Nupeedog
Contributor
Contributor
I had same exact problem and all PayPal did we side with the company that was committing fraud and they knew it I thought PayPal would always take care of their customers that's what they always said but boy they sure don't I want nothing more to do with them
Login to Me Too

FraudHunter
Contributor
Contributor

FOLLOW UP

I went to my bank today and showed them what the company did and what FraudPal did and I was directed to the banks fraud department.  My bank applied a gift attribute to the item I received in place of what was purchased and no way represents what was advertised.

FraudPal needs to block these sellers which are becoming more and more frequent and more and more likely from China.  China is stealing and I am done with China and FraudPal.  I never understood why some people had issues with FraudPal, I get it now, FraudPal is horrible and unethical.

Login to Me Too

Braskyshopping
Contributor
Contributor
Date reported

August 26, 2020

Your notes

I bought two LED LIGHT MAKEUP STORAGE BOX & MIRROR and received two small mirrors (the size of my hand), I could have buy those mirrors at the dollar store. Not only took a very long time to receive the item but this is a misrepresentation, they offered the make up organizers and send something else, I would never pay $40 for those mirrors. I sent pictures of what they offered vs what they sent and still PayPal let them get away with murder, I can't believe PayPal is taking side with these kind of people!

Login to Me Too

PamelaK1945
Contributor
Contributor
This has happened to me in three different occasions. PayPal lets him get by with this fraudulent business practices.
Login to Me Too

SargonVI
New Community Member

I have come to the conclusion that 'Paypal Protection' is a lie and as well will no longer be using them for anything outside of the United States where I can use local systems to resolve claims.  Sold a fraudulent item, resolution is to send it back to China, at a cost twice the refundable amount for a product worth about $2.  I will be filing a complaint on Paypal at the Federal Trade Commission and the Consumer Protection Agency simply because they are obviously not on the side of the consumer as they claim to be.  In essence, their protection is nothing and a lie.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.