PayPal is showing the wrong shipping address....somehwhere in their system and NOT on my Profile!

JAJ77
New Community Member

I feel like NO ONE is reading the complaint I submitted!!!   This is NOT a billing issue it is a SHIPPING ISSUE. Paypal provided an address that is TWO YEARS OLD, causing the package to be delivered to TEXAS and NOT my address in Wisconsin. My paypal address IS Correct on my Profile! No one in the customer service area can explain where this old address came from...it cost $341 to re-route the shipment (we originally already paid $240 for the shipment and it went to Texas)- Can Anyone explain to me WHY the OLD address was given to the Seller and WHY?????  As recent as yesterday the seller logged in and it was still showing the address in TEXAS - where is that coming from and WHY????  My profile address is correct and has been for two years!

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

jdlove605
Contributor
Contributor
Someone hacked my account and changed my address. And I can’t get anyone at PayPal to help me. I have been using the Resolution Center for three weeks becaus[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]and/o[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] hacked into my account, changed the address, added a credit card, added a gift card, took everything AND overdrew my account. I have received ZERO help from PayPal. The Resolution Center is a waste of time. I have tried two dozen times to dispute several transactions, but end up on a page that says PayPal is experiencing Technical Difficulties every single time. Messaging is terrible. The agents don’t read the message, they respond with a canned reply, they lie and tell me they’ve tried calling, and so on. Truly the worst customer service I have ever experienced. All I want us a phone number for PayPal that will result in getting a real, live, human, being on the other end!!!
Login to Me Too

Dav199
New Community Member

I had a worse issue today, Paypal gave me 1st Option for the delivery address which was the wrong address and not an old address of mine. Some guy with same name in a different town, same State. How can that happen when I logged on with my Paypal user name and password.

Login to Me Too

CarriM1
New Community Member

Paypal has just recently started leaving out my house name on orders, although it's correctly included on my account settings as the only billing and shipping address.  Two deliveries have had problems as a result so far and I just ordered some furniture and realised this is an ongoing issue.

Login to Me Too

Hanneke73
New Community Member

Me too. When I am paying using express checkout, my address is complete, just like it is in my profile. 
However, the seller doesn't receive my house number, only the name of the street. 
I can't change my address in my profile, since it is already complete. Adding the address again as an extra billing or shipping address also isn't possible, since I get an "This address already exists in your profile" message.
Extremely frustrating!

Login to Me Too

MartynT
Contributor
Contributor

Yep - after all this time this STUFF (original deleted) is still happening although I have only seen the problem in my purchases since the beginning of 2020, before that everything seems to be OK. I have made two express checkout purchases this year without thinking any more about it until the later one didn't show up on time. Looking at the mail notifications I found that the address field for "City" had been filled with the street name. The earlier order was delivered on time as the postcode was correct and the shipper (UPS) was smart enough to work out where the package should actually be sent to. At the time I didn't even look at the address on the package because you just don't when opening. The later one which has caused me an enormous amount of pain was sent through national post services from the UK to the Netherlands and took 2 weeks longer than promised by the seller. As it hadn't arrived in time as a present for a family member I was forced to source the same item locally at a higher cost. I am still in the process of trying to organise a return to the seller but this is proving difficult.

Contacting Paypal about the problem has also been a nightmare. Telephone numbers are no longer shown although still referred to in help information. I filled in one contact form which mysteriously disappeared. Repeating this a number of days later resulted in some idiot from the customer "service" dept informing me that "I would like to inform you that the shipping address is always taken from the seller's website". Really??? I replied informing him that this was *bleep* and that the express checkout could only work using Paypal data. I don't believe that either customer service reps or the programmers who build this **bleep** (ditto) are actually worth their salaries. WTF is happening to the world? Is no one able to understand what the customer is saying and take the necessary action?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.