PayPal is rewarding scammers

onthemove1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm an eBay seller, and buyer claimed that he received a different item on June. The case was resolved by eBay in our favor.

Then he tried his luck on PayPal, and "investigation" was going on for months and months without any progress.

Then  on October, he suddenly changes his mind and says that the box was empty. PayPal sent us reminders to respond to this claim on October 05, 2018, and October 09, 2018. However because we receive a lot of emails from PayPal, the message was buried and we didn't notice. There also wasn't any messages regarding this on the main PayPal home page.

The case was closed in buyer's favor, because we didn't respond in time.

Seriously, this is some BS. Whatever happened to the "investigation"? How can you just reward the scammer without any actual investigation whatsoever, just because we didn't respond in time?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

Paypal case cannot stay open that long,are you sure ?

maybe it was closed and then he filed chargeback with his cc issuer and won.

Login to Me Too

onthemove1
Contributor
Contributor

Well this is what it looks like:

screencapture-paypal-resolutioncenter-billing-entry-2018-10-15-12_01_42-down.png

So it took THREE MONTHS for "Under review", which basically nothing happened, then suddenly the buyer could somehow change the case, then just because we didn't respond in time in 7 days, the case closed in buyer's favor.

Where the F was the actual investigation PayPal!

Login to Me Too

onthemove1
Contributor
Contributor

Seriously this is BS, it says

"Most claims are investigated within 10-14 days or less.

In some cases, it may take up to 30 days (or longer) to decide the outcome of a claim."
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-long-does-it-take-to-investigate-my-claim-faq1560

Why did it took THREE MONTHS PAYPAL??? And even then, it was never resolved? This case was already resolved by eBay in our favor!!!

Login to Me Too

Dhrr
Contributor
Contributor
I agree with onthemove1 that there is unfairness in Paypal on claims. Look, like him I also elevated a case to Paypal. To my surprise, they will favor the buyer if I dont respond. How lucky are the questioned buyers! That if the complainant who filed the case for elevation failed to redpond on time, buyer wins. It should be the other way around, that if the buyer or seller bring complained of do not respond on time, then they defaulted. Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.