PayPal is not responding to Messages regarding dispute

Phillip277
Contributor
Contributor
I made a purchase though PayPal that I immediately discovered was fraud after making final sale. The email confirmation was sketchy. Emails and calls to the seller came back invalid or not in service. After contacting them about 20 minutes after purchase, I officially submitted dispute. After waiting two weeks and not receiving the product, PayPal denied the case providing me a tracking number by the seller. Funny, I couldn’t get a hold of the seller but they did. Needed to say, the package was delivered. Tracking said it was delivered And left at front door but it wasn’t. The weight is the so called package that was left at my door weighed 1.5 lbs according to tracking Info. The item I ordered weighed well over 12 lbs. I messaged PayPal informing them nothing was received and weight of package doesn’t even come close. I also including screen prints of several online postings about the same business and same thing happening to other people with both the seller and PayPal. I have been sending messages for several days and nothing. I get auto responses from someone will contact you in a few hours and I even received auto responses saying I someone would get back to me within the hour. This is extremely frustrating because if they would have researched this when they said the case was under review, they would have clearly been able to see the seller is fraud. The seller list he is PayPal verified on his website and several other complaints in the same seller have been posted online. Im not sure what to do now. I just can’t believe they have people working to “review” and decline dispute resolution but no one responding to messages showing how their resolution was wrong.
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Phillip277 

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Phillip277
Contributor
Contributor
This will not work. First, the shipper ups and Usps will only provide the silvery address (street and house number) to the seller. They do not provide the address to the receiver. I actually drove to the post office to find out what address it was shipped and delivered. I gave the alleged tracking number and They told me they are not allowed to provide that info. As far as reaching PayPal by phone they’re closed. I’ve sent no less than 20 messages over the past four days and no response. The info I’ve found in researching this company is the seller has done this many times through paypal. I don’t understand how PayPal conducted and research when the number, email address and even the location address are all invalid or not in service.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Phillip277 

Its worked for many on this forum that have appealed and submitted the info and been refunded.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Phillip277
Contributor
Contributor
If they are ignoring messages and not accepting phone calls, I am not sure how to procede.
Login to Me Too

jjcsuc03
Contributor
Contributor

Same situation here. I made a purchase, got tracking 2 days later that showed a delivery date of 2 weeks before I ever even ordered anything. Never received the items I ordered either. I disputed the charge complete with a timeline, screenshots, etc.. PayPal denied my dispute in favor or a fraudulent seller. It seems like PayPal makes it very difficult to dispute or appeal THEIR decisions that benefit them. The more I read on his forum I have become aware that PayPal supports fraudulent transactions, as there are very many people that have found themselves SOL with no support from them.

Login to Me Too

Phillip277
Contributor
Contributor
I do not understand how they are getting away with this type of business practice. I have already decided I will no longer use PayPal. The more I read the more I am finding this is happening to a lot of people.
Login to Me Too

beckynewman6
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having a similar issue. Made a purchase that quickly appeared to be a scam. Within a day the amount charged had increased. There was no order confirmation, the listing on the seller's website disappeared, and there was never a shipping confirmation. Any attempt to contact the seller bounced back. I filed a dispute as an "unauthorized transaction" which was quickly denied. My many attempts to follow up or contact PayPal (via phone, email or message) have been ignored. There appears to be no other way to follow up, escalate, or speak to anyone about the claim. I may sound paranoid, but it feels like I'm being blacklisted by PayPal. When I call PayPal Customer Service and identify myself/my account, I am inevitably disconnected. This happened no less than 6 times today, totaling almost two hours spent on hold. Sometimes I was immediately disconnected, sometimes I was on hold for a long time and disconnected as soon as an agent picked up. Usually there was a recorded message saying "PayPal can't help you with this issue over the phone right now," and then I'm disconnected. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.