PayPal is holding my money hostage

Russk68
Contributor
Contributor

I have $9000 in my account that was paid by with Amex. This money has been sitting in my account for a month. PayPal will not let me transfer to my banking account. I need this money in my account today. This is the reply that I am getting: "Our system reviewed your transaction, and was not allowed because of the higher level of risk associated with this transaction based on funding source, the amount and other factors. I suggest you try to transfer funds to another debit card or bank account. Otherwise, you may have to refund the payment you received and ask the sender to give it to you some other way".

What is going on here? If there is a high level of risk, then why did PayPal ok the transaction to begin with?

IS PAYPAL DOING THIS TO COLLECT INTEREST!?!?!? I AM GOOING TO COMPLAIN TO TO THE FTC< CA ATTORNEY AND THE BBB!!!

THIS IS MY MONEY AND I NEED IT TODAY!!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Russk68
Contributor
Contributor

Now they want me to take cash $(9000) out at Walmart. $500 max a day With a $3.00 fee per transaction. WHY DID PAYPAL OK THIS TRANSACTION TO BEGIN WITH IF THERE WAS HIGH RISK INVOLVED!?!?!?  

Login to Me Too

JR134
Contributor
Contributor
I received a $12,108 payment from the arkansas department of workforce services when covid-19 shut my business down and when I went use it they restricted my account then after showing all the documents asked for they send me an email saying I couldn't use PayPal anymore and they're gonna hold my funds for 180 days. Since I've been waiting for paypal to give me what's rightfully mine I've lost nearly everything and ended up homeless all the while, and after all my asking they will not even have the decency to tell me why! I need help!
Login to Me Too

proudma02
Contributor
Contributor
Did they release yet? I've been waiting as well
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.