PayPal is helping fraudsters

vincentdemci
New Community Member

I recently filed a number of complaints about unauthorized transactions found on our PayPal account.

I found that usually PayPal would allow both parties involved to state their respective cases and provide evidence to back up their claims in declared disputes in a transparent manner so that all parties involved could see what the other party in the transaction is claiming and that it was recorded to be seen by both parties in said transaction. This correspondence was logged and could be viewed in the dispute history. This to me is fair and transparent.

My claims involved more than one recipient of funds and in a few of the disputes we were refunded promptly by the receiver. In the bulk of my claims where we were clearly defrauded repeatedly, in my view, although the “seller” was given the chance to respond, me the alleged “buyer” was not privy to any of these responses as would normally be the case as stated above. I also find no record of any response from the “seller” on these claims in the disputes history.

If my transaction history is checked you will see that I have never done transactions like this since I started PayPal more than 5 years ago. All of a sudden payments of 100USD to 650USD is paid to the same recipients every 2-3 days. 

My disputes were “resolved” by a phonecall from a PayPal representative stating that the disputes was reviewed and no irregularities could be found and judged in favor of the “seller”/defrauder.

I am sure that if the accounts of the fraudsters is reviewed more fraudulent transactions will be found. Payments to the same PayPal accounts all the time

I have been defrauded of more than 10 000.00 USD before I realized what is going on.

Please let me know as this leaves a very bad impression of PayPal with me

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vincentdemci

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Not sure how you can be a 'buyer' and have an unauthorised transaction though, if you are a buyer and don't receive goods you file for non receipt of item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Abuilder2
New Community Member

Paypal is complicit in the fraud.  You can file all you want but they only accept information to support the side they want to win.  Paypal has no interest in paying your claim but they make money when they allow the seller to retain the funds and receive their fee.

The best advice is do not use Paypal unless you absolutely trust the seller.  Their are other methods to transfer payment.

Login to Me Too

Abuilder2
New Community Member

Paying with Paypal is NOT safe.

I made an online purchase using Paypal as the source of my payment.  The seller sent an obvious fake UPS tracking number that indicated the item had been delivered.  I believe the tracking number was real but had no relation to my order. No address is shown for the delivery except it was delivered in my Town.  The item I ordered weighed about 5 pounds.  The delivered item weighed 25 pounds.  The item was delivered 1day after my order across the USA.  The tracking number indicated there was 2 items in the original order and the second item weighed 11 pounds and was delivered a few days later.  The names (different in each) receiving the orders was not my name.

I provided this information to Paypal but they chose to believe the bogus tracking information provided by the seller..  Apparently there is no link between the seller tracking number and UPS.  Paypal will accept any tracking number as evidence and reley 100% on the information.

Paypal is complicit in the fraud. 

Login to Me Too

September22
Contributor
Contributor
I totally understand you! I think it all depends on the person dealing with your complaint and how they look at things. I got stuck on the other side, while been defrauded for Tickets sale by seller , as it’s many multiple transactions PayPal decided that I am trying to run some sort new scam etc ..god knows what’s in investingators heads ... but now PayPal started sharing my data as BEWARE FRAUDSTER or something as my normal bank called asking “what have you done” (in sarcastic way)
Login to Me Too

hututut
Contributor
Contributor

HERE IS A FRAUD PAYPAL EMAIL.png. Unfortunatly you are unable to view a fraud paypal email in this community for they do not have the capability to provide a service that would show all you complainers what fraud really looks like. You want fraud? A new company you probably already joined out of Nigeria with ads on US network TV. "SPOT" and they identify with a green color. They say they use their own money, and they just, may, use their own laundered money or  money laundered, whichever you prefer. They got their start by posing fake FBI viruses on the internet and locking computers from their owners unless they pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines or face prison for any reason they thought they could get away with. They show you all your financial and personal info they can fake to look authentic, FBI FAKE logos and everything and tell you to pay using "spot card you have to buy at walmart", and just like paypal you join their money tranfer organization give them your personal info but you buy their card from the store and apply you money into it and just like paypal you transfer from bank account to email to SPOT to their FAKE FBI WEB SITE. Their virus had a time stamp on it and it went away after several weeks I think. IDK, I caught them b4 they could pull a scam like they were doing to millions with cash cards they supplied walmart as distributers and walmart shelved their SPOT cards in the checkout lines, with all the other cell & retailer gift cards, to boost use of their entire International fraud campaign and it apparently worked. They have your information even if you quit the SPOT transfer with the green ID logo fraudulent corporation and they most likely sold billions of peoples info to get where they are today. Supporting the BLACK WEB with  All INTERNET MEDIA, TV, communications, and advertising on legitimate TV NETWORKS ONLINE. I thank god for paypal because they won't release your info to other money tranfer fraudulent international cards like SPOT if you use paypal to tranfer money to SPOT you may be already getting tons of fraud in your email and on your cell that SPOT sold your info to so that they can go on TV Today and say "They supply their own money" for you to use their FRAUDULENT CORPORATIONS to make purchase online from Amazon Ebay spotfy netflix vudu sling roku prime walmart home depo lowes kohls and thousands of others and thousands of products that include MEDIA like smart TV's Computer laptops bluerays that offer additional media network apps included in their products already installed.. Believe me pay Pal is the least of your worry's. Thanx for readin ...watch yourself and put fraud meca-corporatiobuilt on decades of internet fraud out to dry .It's not too late.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.