PayPal is getting worse.

100alaska
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal used to be a trustworthy platform, but now it's getting worse and worse.

1. The 800 phone is a joke. You can't reach anyone because it is always busy.

2. No email address I can use. They told you when you log in and click contact us and then email us, but there is no "email us" you can click at all.

3. The resolution center is not working. You can't send anything because it will say there is something wrong.

4. PayPal asked you to send back the item not as described, but they didn't know that airmail to many countries are still not available.

PayPal is changing and becomes eBay like platform.

eBay doesn't give you an email address and asks you to go to the community for help if you have any problem.

PayPal too now.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Clydesaunders26
New Community Member
I agree fully. Iv lost money due to getting items not as described. Paypal want me to ship stuff back to China to get a refund. And I'm supposed to pay for shipping? Cost more to send it back then the refund. The Chinese are taking full advantage of it. No longer do I feel safe using PayPal.
Login to Me Too

100alaska
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problems.

I ordered 2 polishing machines from Ohh My Dealz, but they never arrived, but I received 20 small sandpaper strips which were declared as $2 value on the customs form.

I reported PayPal on May 22.

PayPal took two more months to review and asked me to report a crime on a law reinforced organization within a week and finally, PayPal asked me to send it to a company My Argon in Canada.

I asked DHL how much I have to pay to send 20 sandpaper strips and they said about $70.

I have to pay the full shipping cost and the seller who didn't ship my polishing machines needs not to pay anything.

I paid $42.94 for the order and I have to pay $70 to get the $42.94 back.

I tried to tell them that it makes no sense, but the resolution center is not working.

I got an error message all the time.

Very soon PayPal closed my case on Aug.

This is the whole story.

Now I have two sellers who didn't ship my items since I paid them on Sep 6.

It's weird that these two sellers didn't reply to the message I sent.

The records for these two deals are different from other items.

There are only the amounts of the deal, no detail prices such as item price, tax, shipping cost, and even no name of the item.

I reported PayPal through the resolution center and can't find a suitable subject; therefore, I click "Unauthorized purchase", but PayPal denied my case in a second.

Now I can't file any dispute because the case is closed.

Isn't it ridiculous?

I wish you could find a solution.

Good luck.

Regards,

eric

Login to Me Too

100alaska
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

You said: "No longer do I feel safe using PayPal."

I understand your feeling.

I now have two cases that sellers didn't ship my order for 10 days.

I left messages on the message center, but the customer service came and left without any progress.

They came and said that she wanted to help and she left later.

And another came and said something and left.

No one helps anything.

I don't know why they carried things like this way.

I have to be more careful to buy anything in the future.

Good

Login to Me Too

Woi
New Community Member
Im also scammed I ordered phone from banggood 200$ worth, china warehouse but i paid aditional tax free shipping. After couple of weeks phone arrived bricked. I opened case and i send it back to china. Cost me 40$. After 6 (six) months i got same phone back cause of chinese custom service. I contacted support and they said that without phone i can not get refund. I decided to send it again. Paid again 40$. Same thing happend again. I got bricked phone back after 6 months cause id customs. Now i got bricked phone, 1 year guarantee left, lost 280 $ and paypal resolution decided in favor of banggood. What a scamm. Be aware of paypal and banggood
Login to Me Too

100alaska
Contributor
Contributor

I really don't like PayPal handle the problem now.

They asked me to report it to an internet crime center and get a copy of the forms you filled.

When I have done the crime report, there was no response from the crime center and I had to call PayPal now a week later.

They said it's not ok that I should file a report to the local police station.

My God! Did PayPal know what they are talking about? Besides, do the police know their work cover the internet un-delivered work?

Some days later, PayPal suggested me to send the sandpapers I received back to the platform in Canada at my expense.

There was no postal service to Canada while the pandemic is spreading.

I checked other courier companies.

DHL can deliver, but they charged $120 to Canada.

That was about double the amount I claimed.

I was forced to give up.

I learned a lesson the hard way and I became more careful to buy items from the internet.

In some way, It's good for me to avoid buying items from sellers who hide their company information.

I wish you are all fine shopping on the internet in the future.

You must be careful because you are the only one who can protect you from losing money, not PayPal.

eric

2021/4/11

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.