PayPal is enabling the thieves

jsrconst
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is enabling the thieves I ordered a battery charger ($54.00) from (can’t insert the website you search noco10 and pick the $54 one bestcastore .com without the space) on 10/30 and paid with PayPal never received a confirmation email from PayPal for the purchase 11/1/20 received shipping info. When I received the package it was not my order was a small green plastic toy number 4 approximately one inch in size.(like the magnetic refer letter with out the magnet). I emailed the seller and received no response. Filed a resolution with PayPal. This item was not sent by mistake its not on there site. Now they will not refund until I send it back and they okay it, has no value. It was shipped from California but they require me to ship to China the return address was in Chinese no one could give me the address in English please? This is a scam the postage is more than the item is worth the its only a small toy number4. I have filed a complaint with Washington state attorney general. Paypal is requiring a tracking number for the return. My USPS cannot read the Chinese return address. I am sure if I do return this prop they will not refund me. PayPal will not get there cut If there is a refund!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jsrconst 

Contact customer services for an english version of the address.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Timber35m
Contributor
Contributor
Just got ripped off by PayPal AND scammer company. Ordered leggings online from Temptlife for $78.37. Another company “Hibernal Co Ltd” sent my invoice via email for $90.13. I looked the company up and it is listed as a scammer. I contacted PayPal immediately but they would not help. They could care less that I had just been ripped off. Not only that, the site I reviewed had testimonials from many people who were also scammed by Hibernal Co Ltd AND they also had no help from PayPal. It is as if PayPal is getting a percentage of the scam. I thought that if enough people were scammed by a company, PayPal would not allow them to use PayPal. That’s the way it should be anyway but it’s not. This company has many “storefronts” so they can sell under other names - Temptlife, Sakuha and Rainbow Pound to name a few. However, they all invoice through the scammer company Hibernal Co Ltd. Why are so many getting ripped off yet PayPal does nothing??? The only logical reason is PayPal is in on the scam.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Timber35m 

Sadly these scam China websites or Social Media ads accept paypal and then when enough disputes/claims come in to trigger the fact that they are scams, they just ditch that company and start over under another handle / website.

So the best thing is to read up on buyer protection and then risk assess your transactions, avoiding these......

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Did you open a dispute for non receipt of item?

Did you get a fake tracking number?

Did you open a dispute for item received but not as described?

What happened?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Timber35m
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply. The transaction is in its infancy at this point. I notified PayPal as soon as I received an invoice from a different company than what I ordered from with a slightly different price. I immediately looked up the company on the internet and found it was identified as a scam (this was about 4 hrs after purchase). PayPal said the payment already went through yet as of yesterday no pending charge on my bank account. I have reviewed the many complaints involving PayPal inaction to this company on the website identifying the company as a scam. It reveals the bogus tracking numbers, no delivery or when delivered, it is junk items as you describe. I did not wait to see what happened, I started a claim 4 hours after ordering. PayPal has sided with them all the way as if they are legitimate even though they have been identified as a scam. I recommended to one of many that I talked to that PayPal should identify and flag Scam companies and at least notify issues with these companies to warn clients before continuing with purchase. It can be done by setting a program that easily extracts businesses with high complaints for the purpose of flagging if they are going to continue allowing these companies to use PayPal. It may be an inconvenience but if they remain in the dark ages, I see where another more secure company can come in and take all their business with a certain degree of security to their clients.
Login to Me Too

MCombs
Contributor
Contributor
Why won't PayPal stop this company?? I have a claim open however bc the scam company set up fake tracking for my product I probably don't see my product or refund. This many complaints cant be wrong.
Login to Me Too

CarusoDad
New Community Member
I should have googled the company “Temptlife”. It’s a complete scam. I live in orefon where there is no sales tax and was charged fir sales tax. It’s a line item on my invoice when I went back to view my order. Told the company and asked they refund it as me the reply I got was “we didn’t charge you sales tax.” I thought I was safe since I was paying through PayPal. I was wrong. Never using PayPal again. Closing my account.
Login to Me Too

Alexander256
New Community Member

This same company/website "Temptlife" after 2 months, finally sent me after multiple emails to their customer service my wife's 'pants' which I ordered on NOV 10, 2020. What arrived was a poorly cobbled together pair of pants that might fit a 10 year old, made out of very cheap materials that was not even close to what they advertised on their site. My wife could not even pull them onto her legs. Here's the produce I thought I was purchasing

Here's the message I sent in my resolution request: 

I ordered these women's pants on November 10, 2020, to get them in time for Christmas (see attached order confirmation). The item did not come and I did not receive a shipping confirmation, so I contacted their customer support on November 27th. I promptly received a shipping confirmation (see attached). The item still did not come; I emailed them several times and they said it was on its way. On JANUARY 7th, we receive a pair of pants in the mail. The cheap packaging contained no receipt or packing slip. The pants did not have any tags on it, nor any sizing or laundering information which is the norm. I purchased a women's size medium black color, though. My wife could not even pull them on to her legs, as they are fitted for perhaps a child or little girl. (see attached photo of pants that we received). Furthermore, on the website, when choosing 'black', what displayed were more of a charcoal color, which is what I was expecting. Finally, the quality was super cheap; not the plush, thick, high-rise, 'Cashmere' pants that they advertised on their website. (See the 2 photos taken directly off their website) We seriously laughed (frustratingly) at the quality. I would not pay $5.00 for pants this poorly made. The whole process has been bad, and I am expecting a full refund for this item.

Anyway, I hope sellers like this are banned some day. I don't see how Paypal (and Facebook for that matter, I found this product advertised while browsing on Facebook Marketplace) can continue to let companies like this operate. 
Thanks for hearing me out...
Login to Me Too

Temp20201217m
New Community Member

I had a duplicate experience and am also frustrated.  Trying to get money back.  Lesson learned.

Login to Me Too

Timber35m
Contributor
Contributor
Good luck in your journey. PayPal has listened but sided with the scammer all the way. I continue to open disputes and send order confirmations, bogus invoices and fake tracking numbers with no delivery company named. I will be the constant thorn in their side. What gets me is I have proven several times over the company is a scam but they do nothing and allow the scammer company to continue using PayPal. I really suspect that at this point, someone in PayPal is working with the scammers and taking a cut of the ill gotten rewards.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.