PayPal is billing for item I didn't receive. What can I do after dispute & appeal denied?

JAFO71
New Community Member

Hello PP Community, 

Here is my story.  I made a purchase on Electronic bay, and used PayPal credit with the 6 months to pay off the balance.  I realized in hindsight, the order needed to be cancelled.  I tried to do so through Electronic bay, but I couldn't do it.  I contacted the seller, and he was kind enough to agree to cancel the order.  Interestingly enough, Electronic bay initially stopped the cancellation because PayPal refused to accept the canceled orders refund.  

As that was the case, I filed a disputed and added information regarding the issue with processing the refund and the seller's agreement to cancel the order.  The dispute was denied.  I then appealed and added more information showing 1) the Electronic bay order was cancelled, 2) the seller agreed to cancel the order, and 3) the item was never received.  PayPal's own Purchase Protection states a I'd be protected if "my order never arrives" and I'll be "reimburse the full cost of eligible purchases plus original shipping."  So, based on that, the assumption is I would win my appeal.  NOPE, My Appeal was decided against getting a Refund! 

Not only did I lose my appeal, but now PayPal is showing I owe them the full balance of the cost for an item I never received.  That happens to be $852 and change.  Needless to say, I'm a little frustrated.  I can no longer appeal.  I've sent a message to the message center, but no reply.  What else can I do to get PayPal to review my case?  Per their own Purchase Protection policy, I shouldn't have to pay for an item I didn't receive.  But here I am, and I can't get anyone from PayPal to respond to my situation. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.