PayPal is being complicit in an international bait and switch

Laxtonre
Contributor
Contributor

Your money back guarantee is a farce. Case # PP-D-38132802 PayPal is now complicit in an international bait and switch. Facebook appears to have banned this company from advertising I have an active complaint with the WA. State Attorney General. Fact is I called PayPal and reported that the only two companies that the seller would use for returns was DHL and UPS. UPS wanted $109 and DHL refused to import to China. The item value is only $39.98. I am going to escalate my complaint to include PayPal to federal authorities. Hello Richard <removed>, We received the case(s) you filed on August 14, 2019. We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). The decision was made because you did not provide the tracking details we requested. We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s). Transaction information: Dispute Case ID: PP-D-38132802 Transaction Amount: $39.98 USD Dispute Amount: $39.98 USD Transaction ID: 54T80810TH135353H Transaction Date: August 4, 2019 Thanks, PayPal

The company is Highlife Technology Ltd.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laxtonre 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great items at 'bargain' prices ie tat.

However if you decided to go ahead and buy from them then...

Paypal buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall, so in the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Laxtonre
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is being complicit in an international bait and switch period. I am contacting federal authorities and including PayPal in that complaint. . Highlife  has probably ripped off thousands of people. PayPal should have banned them like Face Book! How many complaints has PayPal received involving this

company?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laxtonre 

OR just not buy from tat Chinese websites in the first instance?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Laxtonre
Contributor
Contributor

They were advertising GERMAN SMART GLASSES with specially ground lenses. Their entire add on Facbook was nothing but lies and

there was no indication what so ever that this was a Chinese company!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laxtonre 

Facebook does not vet sellers and Facebook is full of sellers from China...................as for all sites, its buyer beware.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Laxtonre
Contributor
Contributor

The fact is PayPal is being complicit in an international fraud and I am going to do everything I can to see that PayPal is held criminally liable!!!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laxtonre 

Nope they are doing exactly what they promise you in their user agreement that you agreed to when you joined.

And that is give you 'some' buyer protection but its up to you to risk assess your own transactions.

They can't tell you who you can or can't purchase from that is up to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Laxtonre
Contributor
Contributor

No user agreement trumps out right fraud!!!!!!!!!!!!! PayPal should start talking to their legal staff because

IC3.org and the WA ATG got their number.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laxtonre 

Yeah right ok............been hearing all this 'legal' rubbish from posters for years.

Always what they do when they don't want to take responsibility for their own mistakes and want someone to blame.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.