PayPal incorrectly closing disputes and refusing to reopen

LeeC7
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I purchased some building materials in May and opened a dispute in October having not received the materials. Paypal have closed the case 3 times now - twice because they thought I was trying to buy a completed, transportable home and once because they thought my transaction failed and payment never went through to the seller. In all cases, Paypal have closed the case in error due to not properly reviewing the information I have provided.

Now, they have closed the case for a 4th time, telling me that the purchase is ineligible as they think I'm buying a completed home for the 3rd time. I have provided an invoice and links to show that I am purchasing building materials, not a house. However, I have just been told that Paypal won't reopen the case more than twice (which is not true, as they've already reopened it 3 times) and that I have to contact my bank to pursue the matter further. 

Surely PayPal can't close a case and refuse to reopen it when they have demonstrably not reviewed the information provided and closed the case in error?  

Any advice?

Cheers,

Lee

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Agthaboss86
Contributor
Contributor
how did you refile a dispute they won't even let me do that
Login to Me Too

LeeC7
Contributor
Contributor

You have to call them and ask why the claim has been denied, because they don't offer you an explanation otherwise. In my case, I said that the assumption they had made to close the case was incorrect and I could provide evidence to support my case, they reopened the dispute. Unfortunately the next person to assess the claim doesn't seem to have reviewed that information though.

Login to Me Too

Agthaboss86
Contributor
Contributor
Im so done with PayPal I took a 500.00 hit thinking this was a secure way of making a purchase and having protection. Im going to fight it. I disputed it with my bank.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.