PayPal inconsistency

IGRobertson
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in a crazy position. My ex-partner gave sent me some money she owed me through Paypal. She accidentally used her dad’s card which was linked to her account from ages ago. He noticed some strange transactions on his statements and then informed his bank. Then he realized his error, and informed his bank about what had happened. PayPal limited my account during this time and I was left with a negative balance. PayPal had refunded the amount back to my ex-partner. I explained the situation and was told the limitations would be lifted. They were, for the short term, and then reimposed. Then I got several debt collecting calls, got transferred to the disputes people each time. Each time the employee was apologetic and often they would say that I should not have been put in this situation. Which, obviously, I should not have. Ultimately, on one of the calls a week or so ago, I was informed that I oughtn’t to pay the balance back and that the appeal would be registered for the refund to be refunded. I took the matter as “being sorted” and then received additional emails and phonecalls. I decided to pay the amount off, since, despite being informed that I oughtn’t to pay back the balance, I would now have debt collectors on my tail. I still had limitations on my account and have just got through yet another phone call. The whole thing has been time-consuming and unfair. All I did was receive money owed to me. My ex didn’t intend to launch the complaint and has had her account blocked also. This has been a nightmare. The staff on the phone have often been understanding, but the system itself and the horrible position it put me in has been just awful. I don’t trust this company anymore.  Often, appeals would be logged, and then I would never hear about them again. I'm very upset. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.