PayPal helped a scammer cheat

aasimenator
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I had raised a case (CASE ID PP-D-71196021) on 13th June 2020, Stating that my transaction that occurred on 16th March 2020, where I placed an order for "Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130 10.8in, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM, i5-4300Y, with Keyboard"  via eBay, due to the pandemic the order was delayed by a lot and eventually I received it on 13 June 2020.

The parcel was poorly packed, the quality of the box was very sub standard not something I'd expect would withheld an international trip. When I opened the package the tablet/laptop inside was damaged, the screen was broken there was sizable damage on the body and the metal keyboard case was also damaged. I immediately raised a case against the seller, since there was no power to the device I also connected the charger to see the status of the internals and even if it would boot at all. after an hour of charging it started into Windows and to my surprise it was not even the same tablet I ordered. Instead of 256GB Storage it had only 128GB, and instead of 8GB RAM it had only 4GB. So I responded to my case raised that the seller shipped incorrect item, to which the seller immediately agreed for a full refund as long as I send it back. So far everything is good here.

The problem starts with the time I was allotted with returning the parcel. the deadline given to me was 25th June, 1 week after my initial case report. On 20th when I went to the Indian Post Office to ship the parcel after waiting in line for 1.5 hours I was told that international parcels are not accepted until 15th July due to Covid-19.  So I immediately went home opened the case in my resolution center so i could update PayPal or the seller regarding this finding. but apparently there is no way to send any updates unless the update you are sending them is the copy of the receipt.

So I opened message center and connected with an agent so they could update the case, the agent said that she will update the case with the note "International parcel service is unavailable as per you until 10th of July" Yet the case was automatically closed on 25th June and for the past 15 days I've been going from twitter to message center trying to get someone to reopen the case so I can ship the parcel back to the seller who cheated me. Yet PayPal isn't allowing me to do so.

What are my options now how do I proceed legally because i am not wrong here and I've done everything I was asked for and provided all relevant information 

Some screenshots.

5.jpg2.jpg4.jpg3.jpg1.jpg

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.