PayPal help me - got scammed

CanadaGuy
New Community Member

Hello,

I bought some RC construction toys at the beginning of December for Christmas presents from Bravese.com. I expected the same scale size and quality that they described on their website and they offered a grantee 100%. 

So I ordered the toys - what I received in the middle of January was dollar store toys and not the same scale as advertised nor the quality. I tried working with the company they told me its close enough. I put a claim through PayPal and now its at the point where I am expected to ship them back on my dollar in order to get my money back from the seller. 

I am not sure how this is in anyway my fault - but paypal seems to think I should be responsible for the shipping and I tried contacting PayPal but good luck trying to find a way to contact them. Either wait on the phone for 2.5 hours and there is no way to send a email to them. I read through paypal return shipping program, never had that option when I bought the items from Bravese.  Items totaled $89.99US

So now I am asking for help - Paypal can you help make this right, can you answer questions, can you protect your customers and ban this company from using your services so they do not scam the next person.

I am seeking justice and I either want my money back in full - with the company paying for the wrong items they sent me or a substantial refund and I will keep the items and move on.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Nctall
Contributor
Contributor

@CanadaGuy 

if you wish to speak with paypal, the community forum is not the place to do that, you may do that here. 

Depending on the sellers terms agreement, you may be responsible for shipping, if you believe you are not I recommend calling paypal and explaining this to them. If you paid this through a bank or card, you could make a dispute through their platform instead as they can sometimes be more useful and effective than paypal. 

Please leave a kudo if this helped. Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

STJayatunge
Contributor
Contributor
Shouldn’t PayPal to be responsible considering they do guarantee to intervene and protect the customer or the buyer from those scammers who pretend to be sellers...
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@STJayatunge 

They don't guarantee anything, paypal is not an insurance company.

They give you 'some' buyer protection which you need to read up on in paypals user agreement and then risk assess your own transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.