PayPal have stolen my wife's money

EbyLarry
New Community Member

My wife recently sold an article of clothing on eBay. It was an unwanted present for one of our daughters and still had the tags on. The item was sold, sent and the buyer paid eBay and acknowledged good feedback and receipt of the goods. My wife hasn't sold on eBay for a long time and was told she would have to wait for funds to be released.

PayPal have point blank refused to release my wife's funds from sale. They have told her that she had to provide a receipt for the goods sold. Considering she didn't purchase the item in the first place she cant provide a receipt. She has been on the phone numerous times, undertaken multiple live chats and spoken to eBay. In effect PayPal have taken the moment and effectively accused my wife of stealing. Both acts are in my mind inexcusable.

Absolutely nothing is on the eBay site starting that you have to have a receipt for items that you sell. I have sold multiple items on eBay Using PayPal and I've never ever been asked to provide a receipt. Some of the items I've sold have been over a decade old so any receipt would have been lost long ago.

eBay have washed their hands and PayPal pocket the money.

What do we do? This is not a large sum of money but I am absolutely outraged at this theft.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.