PayPal has permanently limited my business account.

copgardenph
Contributor
Contributor

My name is Adrian. I have a business PayPal account here in the Philippines that is a payment provider for our Shopify online store. Since we launched the site and started using Paypal nothing has gone right. Money was held for long periods even if customers have received their items, continuous limitations hence not being able to transfer funds to our bank even if we have already submitted documents for review which took forever. Fast forward a few weeks later, i wake up and my account is permanently limited and now they are holding about Php500,000 or $10,000 for 180 days. They stated our account has potential risk etc etc. I desperately need those funds to pay employees and bills. For Paypal to just do this is absurd, unprofessional and unacceptable. I can go on and on but bottom line is I need the funds immediately. I never wish to work with Paypal again for the rest of my life. We have already contacted PayMaya to be our payment provider. I just need the funds out earlier than 180 days... thanks. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

pmmarw
Contributor
Contributor

Just browse "account limitation" on this forum, there are tens (if not more) similiar topics each day. It seems Paypal really f***k this up somehow. Paypal is normally regulated by some financial services - it won't harm contacting them, although the ones in UK normally don't deal with individual claims, whereas other organisation that does has probably weeks until it is acted upon.

Paypal should lose their licence to operate a financial business - they take people's hard earned money, this is basically a theft! Especially in these hard times we have now!

Login to Me Too

copgardenph
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply and yes it is unbelievable how they can continue to do business like this! Really need to find a solution to my problem ASAP. cheers

Login to Me Too

dealdeploy
Contributor
Contributor

The same happens to me. PayPal hold me $26,000 for 180 days for a permanent limitation without any reason.  I try to call then and no answer. 

Do you have any solution? What PayPal told you?

Login to Me Too

yashmjain
New Community Member

I had the same problem. They didn't give any specific reason over call

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.