PayPal has given my money to a scammer

Tumeric62
Contributor
Contributor
I paid for my hotel using Agoda ( part of Priceline) when I arrived at the hotel the manager wouldn’t let me check in, saying Agoda didn’t give them the money and the spent several hours they said on the phone with Agoda in Singapore and that Agoda kept hanging up on them ( the hotel). So they made me pay for stay with my credit card thus doubling my costs ... I disputed this with PayPal immediately spending even more of energy and time on this scam ... I spoke to PayPal and the raise the dispute to the level where they make the decision and after ten days PayPal at 3:00 last denied my case... what should I do??? They gave the scammers my money!!! I’m tempted to sue them. I’ve been a good customer for 20 years !! Help!!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Teito23
Contributor
Contributor

If they didn't let you appeal or dispute the case to your card provider to dispute the case with the and do a chargeback against Agoda. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Alessa

Hello @Tumeric62

Thank you for reaching out on the PayPal Community Forum! I am sorry to hear your Purchase Protection claim was denied. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the Purchase Protection Claim you can request an appeal. Here's how to request an appeal online : How can I appeal PayPal’s decision on my case? I do advise if you need assistance or do not see the option to appeal the case to contact our Customer Service team. To reach our Customer Service team, please go to the PayPal site and scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Contact Us". If all else fails and you are unable to proceed with an appeal, a chargeback is an available option if you paid with a debit or credit card as the funding source. 

Thank you for reaching out on the PayPal Community Forum, I hope the information provided is able to assist with your concerns. 

- Alessandra 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, to make our community better please feel free to give kudos or accepting the answer as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.