PayPal has allowed a conman to scam me!

AlPeaston
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed for $23.90 in early February by a bogus website called www.emoryshop.com. The scam is that the seller takes your money through PayPal and then give you a tracking number (mine was with UPS). I did receive a notice on Feb 8 or 9th that it was delivered BUT nothing was delivered to and I was home when the supposed deliver took place. I called UPS who told me it was delivered but NOT to my address and they said I had to contact the person who shipped it. On the site www.emoryshop.com there is a phone number and email contact - BOTH OF WHICH ARE COMPLETELY BOGUS!

The number of my complaint is PP-D-55045808.

Twice I have attempted to get my money back but since there is a real (though not my item's) tracking number this seller claims that the package has been delivered and PayPal closes my case. I've been told to get an intranet memo from UPS about where the supposed package associated with that tracking number was ACTUALLY delivered to - but UPS said the only information they can give me or PayPal is that it was delivered to Albany NY (which is where I live and also where the package was delivered). UPS did tell that the package was delivered to a Business address and my address is a private home / residence.

So it is a catch 22. UPS can't give PayPal the info to prove I never received my item and PayPal refuses to believe me when I try to get this resolve.

I have been with PayPal for YEARS and always believed that my payments through PayPal were secure. OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE NOT!

Perhaps this seller, www.emoryshop.com, is the one who should be investigated! When I investigated the web site www.emoryshop.com I found numerous scam notification website where others had the same fraudulent experience as me and many of those instances were in February of 2020.

I am a senior citizen on a fixed income, $23.90 is several days of food for me. I am outraged that a company that I have been associated with for so long (PayPal) can be so callous to a long term and loyal customer!

I will not let this go. I will continue to contact PayPal and any legal government agency I can about being ripped off through PayPal.

And if this is not resolved I will go to every website that has reviews (including Facebook where I have thousands of friends) and let them know how PayPal treated a senior citizen and that PayPal allowed a conman to steal $23.90 from me.

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The site is no longer active.

Login to Me Too

TiffTiff1234
Contributor
Contributor
The site is VERY active. Emerystore Has .com at the end. PayPal will delete to "protect" scammer so I couldnt put it all together. There are other company names with same bogus phone number. Buyer as always...beware. I hope that someone reading this to research them will decide not to buy from them. My primary goal cauae when I researched in Jan 2020, they juat started scamming on this site so complaints were not online yet.
Login to Me Too

Coffee4U
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe UPS can give you something stating that the shipping number you have was not delivered to you but to someone else.  That way UPS does not have to give out the address they delivered that package to.  Then you could prove to PayPal that the package WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOU.  Good luck.  I have been going back and forth since Nov. with my dispute with Dresshead.com...I will not give up!  My dispute was closed because I did not send the merchandise back to the vendor.  The tracking # I was given from FedEx said I sent that package was delivered to a US State.  I use Parcel Monkey , I checked the track my package link & saw my package was still in route.  PayPal paused the "closed cases".  Last week again I recieved an email informing me my dispute was closed.   According to Package Money on 01/23/2020 my package was in Beijing China (that's where I we going) apparently the Merchant never recieved my return, so case closed.  I asked PayPal what's the point of giving them the tracking # if the Merchant can just say they did not recieve it.  I learned from the 2nd Aagent I spoke with that my package was in Guangzhou.  So that is why they haven't recieved it, so reopen my case.  Again they paused the dispute to give me the chance to contact the carrier and find out what they are able to do.  Again contacted Parcel Monkey and they are looking into it.  

Login to Me Too

TiffTiff1234
Contributor
Contributor
I just opened a case and your situation sounds just like mine!I still havent heard from this bogus company. I order online all the time. I was home when the package was SAID to have been delivered. It also said delivered to the STORE and I live in a private home. It also said it was given to LUNDBERG...I have no clue who that is. I was the only person home that day. I have been with Paypal for a long time as well. I hope they dont come back to me with the same lame response. There will be a serious problem! Looks like this company is newly scamming in different names as everyday, I see a new post about it on the internet. How many complaints have to occur before PayPal catches on? I thought PayPal was safe. Where is the consumer protection?
Login to Me Too

TiffTiff1234
Contributor
Contributor

<removed> is a scam! Beware!

Login to Me Too

TiffTiff1234
Contributor
Contributor

<removed> Is the name of PayPal account for <removed> Beware!!!

Login to Me Too

Not40
Contributor
Contributor
I am currently dealing with the same issue. I even provided a transcript from UPS stating that the item was not for a shipment to my address. PayPal has completely ignored it and sided with this company. With so many complaints you would think they would stop doing business with them but instead they continue to allow them to scam person after person. If someone needed my 60 dollars that bad I would just give it to them. It infuriates me that PayPal refuses to do anything about this. I even stated to them that my main concern was not to get my money back but to see these people shut down and they still deny my claim. I work for a major airline with hundreds of thousands of employees and you can bet I will make it my mission to ensure none of them, their family or friends ever use PayPal again.
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
While I agree that the companies know that they can steal from you legally via PayPal, if your friends don’t use PayPal because you had an issue and didn’t research the company, then they are sheep.
Login to Me Too

Not40
Contributor
Contributor
I see you know nothing of what you speak. For your information the site has not been taken down and my complaint is with PayPal which I have researched. If you stop for a minute and look at this thread, people are more upset that PayPal continues to allow this rather than the fact that they got scammed as we are all smart enough to know that is a chance you take when buying online. This is the exact reason we choose to use sites like PayPal to process our transactions. Get a clue.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.