PayPal has a refund denied by seller

Debbiep53
Contributor
Contributor
I bought an item from an ebay seller and paid through paypal the same day. The next day I got a email from ebay saying this seller has been taken off ebay and I will recieve a refund. This refund went into my PayPal account but later it was denied. This has been done twice now and I can not get ebay to step in as they have stopped them from selling. How do I get this payment off the seller. Thankyou.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Debbiep53

I Hope you're doing well! 

In order for PayPal to help you recover the funds, please file a dispute through our resolution center. Here's How to file a dispute. Please file it as "Item not receive" dispute. You don't hav to communicate anymore with ebay once you filed a dispute here in PayPal, even if the seller stopped selling then we can still help you. The earlier you file the dispute the faster we can get this situated. Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Debbiep53

I Hope you're doing well! 

In order for PayPal to help you recover the funds, please file a dispute through our resolution center. Here's How to file a dispute. Please file it as "Item not receive" dispute. You don't hav to communicate anymore with ebay once you filed a dispute here in PayPal, even if the seller stopped selling then we can still help you. The earlier you file the dispute the faster we can get this situated. Hope this helps! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.