PayPal fraud claim, replaced item. Advice needed.

LondonCraftwork
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Paypal and eBay community. Need some help and a piece of advice.

It looks like the customer wants to scam me on over £1000 on eBay.

I'm trading bikes on eBay for over 3 years. I've got 100% of positive feedbacks and I never had a similar problem.

I've sold a bike on eBay in February to a customer in Singapore.

In March I've received a "Not as described" case on PayPal.

The customer claims that the content was replaced and he has received a bunch of t-shirts instead of the bike.

I immediately responded to the PayPay team, where I added all my points which evidently show that this customer is trying to scam me.

- The customer has 0 ratings on eBay. I have a history of selling that particular lot with 100% positive feedback from my customers.

- He asked to post the bike to the different, non-verified PayPal address, which is against their policy.

- According to the tracking number the parcel was delivered on March 12, but he opened the case only on the 24th (strange? very strange)

- Instead of opening case on eBay, he opened it directly on PayPal.

- His "evidence" is just a few low quality photos of some box with t-shirts. The photos don't show any shipping labels that prove the delivery from my courier. Obviously it wasn't my box. I've got the original pictures of the parcel.

- No reply to my messages and any collaboration from the customer via eBay, only scripted threatening messages through the PayPal claim, like "immediate refund, I will call the police, go to court and etc."

I didn't see any reasonable point which supports the customer's claim. So I was quite calm.

However, after reviewing the case, the PayPal team decided that the best solution is to return the goods and issuing a refund afterwards.

I was shocked. Returning what? An empty box with the stolen bike??

So now I've got a return parcel from the customer in transit and I'm waiting for "something" will be delivered soon.

Even here, there is a lot of contradiction. According to this tracking number the return parcel was picked up in Indonesia, not in Singapore where the customer ordered to.

I was wondering what I suppose to do in this case? How does the seller protection work if they approve these sort of claims?

If anyone has had a similar experience, please share your opinion on this. I don't want to be ripped off by some scammer.

Thank you,

Yaroslav.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.