PayPal facilitates Clorox scam

BBindy
New Community Member
So, I got scammed on the Clorox scheme. I immediately notify PayPal who gives me the auto reply to contact the fake seller who is stealing my money. The thief generates a shipping number in 12 hours and it actually says it was shipped and delivered 5 days before I ordered! But, I am apparently supposed to give the thief that had intuition of my order before I made it or ever visited cloroxusa site 30 days to respond (aka disappear). I filed a complaint with the FTC. Shame on you PayPal for facilitating fraud, not reading disputes - just auto replying and being unavailable in any way to assist when made aware scammers use your platform to steal. Can't wait to get your unuseful reply to my post. But, I hope I can save the next person from falling for this. PayPal is not safe and actually helps criminals.
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

AlannaD
New Community Member
It looks like the site has already disappeared.
Login to Me Too

baylaurel123
Contributor
Contributor

Also scammed by cloroxusa website on or about October 20.  Filed complaint with PayPal on October 20 as soon as I received the PayPal confirmation showing the $ went to a person with a name consisting of twenty or more Chinese characters and was clearly not a US company.  "Seller" (email with address in China) was somehow able to generate USPS tracking information showing something was mailed locally in a nearby city and delivered on October 26 to a mailbox in my city.  So PayPal seems satisfied I received a package.  Nothing received.  Cloroxusa.com website has been deleted.   I was able to have my bank stop payment (after paying my bank another $31).  Now, PayPal is showing I have a negative balance and sending me "debt collection" emails.  

Login to Me Too

YYUSA
Contributor
Contributor

It comes up again, don't know why Paypal not blacklist this seller

Login to Me Too

YYUSA
Contributor
Contributor
I reported PayPal within 12 hours after I placed the order. They investigated and made a decision that transaction had "no fault". I started a live chat with them (no phone number and no email contact) but there was no response until next day. Now the case is changed to under reviewing again. I don't know what will come out.
Login to Me Too

YYUSA
Contributor
Contributor

Now case is changed to "not as described" and seller requested me to send back the plastic garbage toy to "China", not a joke. Seller just keep wasting time and want buyer to give up for claiming. What is Paypal doing?? they should blacklist this kind of Paypal user. 

Login to Me Too

Rachelws
New Community Member
I just paid $84.36 for Clorox wipes with this site, cloroxusa.com and it’s fake. Vendor sent me a plastic toy car in mail, not any Clorox wipes. I told PayPal as well and they said contact vendor who never replied. Stay away from this site.
Login to Me Too

YYUSA
Contributor
Contributor

paypal told me to file claims to www.ic3.gov and I did it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.