PayPal emailing

Damionhasings
Contributor
Contributor
Basically I accidentally bought an item that I didn't want spoke to the seller asked for them to cancel the order they said they couldn't then they said if you receive the item send it back and we will refund your moneyso items came and sent back then I contacted PayPal and they claimed that they cannot help and there is a good chance they will not issue my money back according to PayPal when it is £47 plus I want to open a dispute but PayPal refuses
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Damionhasings 

You can open a dispute for..........

1. item not received....but you received it.

2. item not as described.....presumably it was as per description.

3. unauthorised......your account wasn't hijacked and used without your consent so that wouldn't work.

But you can't open a dispute for ordered it but then changed my mind. That is between you and the seller, if they refuse a refund then you have the option of a credit card chargeback (if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card) OR small claims court (if they are a UK seller).

I've had buyer remorse before but instead of returning the item I just re-sold it myself and one time made a profit.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.