PayPal duped into giving poor customer service

Jonty1789

I ordered an Electric Golf Cart I saw on offer on Facebook and used PayPal to pay. When the goods did not arrive after nearly 8 weeks I opened a dispute on PayPal since the Shipper did not answer my emails. At first PayPal refunded the funds, but around 3 weeks later (just after I had disputed the transaction) I received notice from PayPal that the "item" was shipped. At no point did the Shipper contact me, only PayPal. When the shipment arrived, it was a low valued golden ring, nothing like what electric golf cart I had ordered and of course there was no return policy or any details about the Shipper. I tried to contact PayPal but their Resolution center does not permit any correspondence once the dispute is raised. Further and with no reference to me, PayPal accepted the shipment confirmation from the Shipper as the sole evidence that the transaction was completed and promptly denied a refund and closed my case. Why is there no avenue to appeal what is to me a clear injustice? How does a company the size and scale of PayPal allow its customers to be treated so poorly? Fortunately the amount involved was not too big and I can reflect on this experience, but from now on I will no longer use PayPal for any transactions which involve shipments of goods and will continue to tell my story and spread the word not to use PayPal. So sad to be ignored.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.