PayPal doesn’t recognise my device suddenly?

Rebeccaaaa
Contributor
Contributor
On Wednesday I had 3 disturbing emails from PayPal saying my account was logged in on a device they did not recognise. So I rang them up and the lady on the phone said looking at my log in history it appears my account was logged in with a new IP address! I was in complete panic mode thinking my WiFi was being hacked or something....I really thought someone had somehow gotten my email address and password and I was genuinely scared! Anyway forward to today - Saturday - and I have just logged into my account like normal, then straight after I receive an email saying the same thing.....and now after doing my research it looks like my account isn’t being hacked into after all (I checked the times emails were received to activity on my account and it all adds up) and for some crazy reason PayPal isn’t recognising my device suddenly? I’ve been using this same phone for 3 years so I’m baffled, I’m guessing it has something to do with the IP address but how is it possible that a different one is appearing? Any computer whizzes here that can maybe shed some light for me please?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_paula

Hi Rebeccaaaa, 

I am sorry to hear that you are having such issues. Internet providers often change the IP addresses depending on what server is being used. Sometimes they can update to a new IP and this IP can give a security alert or may not be calculating your location correctly. Try switching off your internet box for about 5 minutes and when you switch it back on and then try login to your account. That should resolve the issue. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

mervynhogg
New Community Member

Paypal is saying that it does not recognise me.

Having used Paypal for some years now I find this extremely irritating.

I have reached the point where I am seriously considering abandoning Paypal for good.

I don't need this stress!!!! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.