PayPal does not protect buyers anymore!!! DO NOT TRUST BUYER PROTECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MightyOtis
Contributor
Contributor

Fraudulent sellers in China using PayPal to scam buyers.  PayPal Buyers protection is useless because these crooks use the system to frustrate the buyer and try to force a dispute case to be closed using the dispute process to delay refunds until the case expires or the buyer gives up and quits.

Best Online Shop was the one that got me.  Repeated pleas to PayPal gets you nowhere.  The crooks do not respond to any of your emails but respond to PayPal, first with a tracking number to delay the dispute resolution, then you receive some little trinket that may be worth a dollar (the package actually says it is worth $10, but that is a stretch).  Again repeated emails are ignored when they come from you, but PayPal emails are responded to.  Now saying I need to return the item they sent me to China and they give an address with a bunch of Chinese symbols.

Really, I am sure UPS will get that right over to them.  I have filed a complaint with the IC3 organization and was told to upload the complaint and I would be all set.  PayPal told me in the message center, "If you are able to provide us this document we would not require you to ship the item back to the sell to receive a refund."  Today I get a message saying they reviewed the case and I need to send it back.  No mention about who pays for shipping this little piece of garbage back to China and they give me nine days to do it.  Of course, I called them and it was "outside of normal business hours". 

I plan to call and talk to a real person as the message center is a joke, you get a different person all the time and one hand does not know what the other is doing!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DCMoe13

PayPal buyer protections are nothing worth the name. I'm writing about it. Please contact me through my website if you'd like to share your experience with me at christinemcondo.com/contact.php.

Login to Me Too

fedupkidDAM
New Community Member

I got scammed on Facebook market place and when contacted PayPal same nonsense.. Seller sends fake tracking number then it times out , You get ripped off... times out then paypal blows you off!! Paypal only good good is on ebay...How and why is Paypal selling out American buyers for china scamist?

I think just better off using own credit card protections, What a shame used to be a greets company with live customer service and sincere in protections....

I going to close my PayPal and i am done with them...why they not going to refund you if you get ripped off and its a matter of time your credit card info gets hacked..seem they more interested in selling credit card memberships...Another great company hits bottom for greed. Sears paid the price for same behavior so it a  matter of time PAYPAL will be no more,,sad really..Lost my trust period..

Login to Me Too

wjbrewsr
New Community Member

PayPal acted like they did not believe a word I said. The China seller told me that the product I had purchased was under priced and they could not send it to me and they would refund me 20% of the $59.70 payment I had given them. That is when it went to PayPal on July 16 and filed the claim. Two months later they informed me that I had not given them the tracking number for the small package back to the location it was sent from in Nevada. I had the package return to me because the the address could not be found. I told PayPal and replayed I needed an ic3 document. I asked them what that was and now I am with You. wjbrewsr

Login to Me Too

MightyOtis
Contributor
Contributor

IC3 is the "Internet Crime Complaint Center", www.ic3.gov.  I jumped through all their hoops and I ended up getting my refund without having to send the little useless piece of trash they sent me back.  Just took a while..

Login to Me Too

Tootsie7
Contributor
Contributor
I am in the same situation as received bin bags instead of bin and no contact from seller until PayPal got involved. I am intending to contact trading standards about this.
Login to Me Too

Pugglie10
New Community Member

ordered from an add on Facebook chin of course, but a small saw get blades free. yea d they send the blades no saw. PayPal denied my claim because the company said they sent my package. even though it wasn't every thing ordered. the company is no longer doing add on FB. now have blades for nothing that they can work in. learned my lesson. 

Login to Me Too

fedupkidDAM
New Community Member

so upsetting how PayPal doesn't vet their china sellers and gives them accounts so we trust the name and get scammed because the seller has PayPal account we assume we are safe if not protected,,Like sears sold out their customers with junk I don't think PayPal will be around much longer , maybe as a credit card company...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.