PayPal disputes

temp20191125
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal does not honor disputes with seller. They said to contact seller which is fine. I did several times and they didnt honor exchanging the wrong product or refund. PayPal sent me on a goose chase and didnt not elevate it when it was not resolved by the seller. They kept sending me thru the same process that got nowhere until the time limitation for disputes ran out. PayPal is a scam and your money is not safe with them. There are many other capable competitors. DO NOT USE PAYPAL
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20191125 

Hmmm, you should be able to escalate dispute to a claim yourself from the dispute and do it within the first 20 days of opening it or dispute closes. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-escalate-a-dispute-to-a-claim-faq822

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or, contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20191125 

Hmmm, you should be able to escalate dispute to a claim yourself from the dispute and do it within the first 20 days of opening it or dispute closes. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-escalate-a-dispute-to-a-claim-faq822

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or, contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

temp20191125
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, you would think that I would be able to do that since Paypal claims they would. That is the point of my disgruntle. PayPal failed to escalate. Then time limitation ran out. I could not get them to do anything. They made 1 attempt to contact the seller and didn't get anywhere, then gave me the same automated loop instructions which is the initial protocol. In other words, no escalation. I was able to get a human being (seller) on the phone, who offered to replace the same thing they sent, which was the wrong item. I do not want the same wrong item that was sent and that is unacceptable. I'm out $30 because of PayPal and a sketch company. For $30 dollars Paypal sacrificed all of my future years and years of business. This is probably why they have competitors now and have lost some of the market share.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20191125 

Paypal does not escalate a dispute to a claim, YOU have to do that and can do it at any time after 7 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

temp20191125
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that is correct. I also made every attempt to do that. Paypal simply dropped the ball. Stripe, Venmo, Google Pay, Skrill, Amazon Pay, Intuit, WePay, Dwolla, Authorize.net, and a few others are very happy to have my business and honor secure transfers instead of running me around an endless loop to nowhere and insecurity.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20191125 

You made every attempt to escalate??

Whats so hard, you click a button and its escalated.

However by all means use another payment processor if that works for you, it certainly would not matter to any of us on here.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

temp20191125
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that's exactly what I did, hence my displeasure. Many times. Over and over. Every attempt.  I agree, it's simple. There is a reason I am unhappy since it didn't do anything but send me back to square one process until the time ran out and the claim was closed. I have not actually disagreed with you about anything yet. I, like you, do not care what you use or don't use, so, I don't really understand your response, although, I do appreciate it as I'm quite certain your intent is to be helpful. So, if you are trying to defend the service, that is ok with me, it's just not a useful utility for me. I simply ended up at this forum to express the offense because that's where the links have taken me when I searched it out make my complaint. I appreciate feedback, however, if things like this are just ignored then nothing changes. Maybe complaints against the service should end up on a different forum, I do not know, since there does not seem to be an avenue available to that other than here in the community (not surprising).

Login to Me Too

temp20191125
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the help, however, at the risk of redundancy, I have followed all of these protocols and ended up in the same initial loop of dispute. It did not get elevated nor could I reach the proper channels that are posted as you have linked to which I had attempted to do. THIS is the reason for the complaint. Stating the same information on dispute protocols, isn't a solution. I do not understand how, again, an automatic solution is just arbitrarily appointed when nothing changed and there was no solution to the complaint of correction for future issues etc. I must assume this is the only way to close it out since you really are not able to help instead of sending me instructions that I had actually followed within the time limit originally. Thank you anyway for the attempt to at least listen to my complaint.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.