PayPal dispute resolution is SERIOUSLY flawed

RockFarm
Contributor
Contributor

I own a very small guesthouse. It is part of an Avian Rescue and Rehabilitation facility in Belize, and is a registered charity, non profit, and an NGO.
We depend on people coming to stay in the guesthouse to fund the charity.
A woman booked a weeks stay on our website. She was given an email confirmation. Before she could make the booking, she had to agree to our terms and conditions by specifically pressing a button saying that she agreed to them.
The terms are simple. You pay at the time of booking, and if you cancel at short notice (Less than a month) or if you don't bother showing up, then the room is non refundable.
The woman cancelled the day before coming and gave no reason. We were unable to re-let the room at such short notice. She then opened a dispute against us, and withing a few seconds had turned the claim into a dispute. She lied through her teeth to Paypal saying that she had ordered something from us and we hadn't delivered it. She also said that we were refusing to communicate with her. (We were actually communicating almost hourly by email)
I provided all of the emails, the booking references, the screen shots of her booking on the booking company's website, and everything that I could think of.
Literally the next day I got a reply saying that PayPal had deducted $665 from my account as I couldn't prove that I had delivered the goods as ordered, and hadn't provided a tracking number.
I appealed and was given the exact same robotic reply. I complained and was told pretty much the exact thing.
I tried phoning, and actually eventually after holding for 47 minutes got to speak to a real person. She told me that I was speaking to the wrong department and she would put me through to the right department. I hung up the phone after about an hour and 15 minutes on hold. I tried phoning again today but was kept on hold for an hour and five minutes before they just hung up on me.
I just want to speak to a real person about this. We have been defrauded and PayPal doesn't even care enough to read the evidence.  But it is well nigh (and by design) impossible to speak to anyone as they deliberately keep you on hold to make you go away.
I feel that I have no recourse but to take Paypal to court.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.