PayPal dispute/claim - ruled in my favour. Seller now threatening legal action against me

Drummerchris
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

ill try try to make this as brief as possible.

i live in Germany but English is my first language so that's why I am writing here in English.

i purchased a light from an eBay seller. I thought that because he offered PayPal that, if the light arrived broken, it would not be such a problem because PayPal would help me resolve this.

light arrived broken.

i wrote to the seller the day after as I was on my way to work when I accepted the package.

he didn't respond. Four days later I wrote again. He responded but only to say there was no way it was his fault but he wanted Fotos of the broken light.

of course I had made fotos and videos showing the package unopened but you can hear the glass is broken inside.

i heard nothing for a few days so decided to open a dispute via PayPal.

the seller focused on the fact that i had accidentally sent a photo of another, unrelated, package that I had shipped the day of making the photos of his package. He seems to think that I have tried to swap his item with another and believes I am lying. Well, this would be fraud, and I have a business and would not try to defraud someone. I can, however, understand that people come to this conclusion.

anyway, PayPal have now reviewed the information and have ruled in my favour that I return his item and they will refund the money to me.

he has just written to me, calling me a liar and telling me that he will pass this on to his Rechtsanwalt (lawyer).

so, what do I do? I really have more important things to do with my time and really cannot be bothered with the expense and time that this would involve.

i believe he means that because he stated in his listing that this was a private sale that he would not take any responsibility for the item getting lost or damaged.

any advice from anyone here in Germany who understands how german law would see this case?

thank you for any advice.

chris

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.