PayPal dispute. No paypal account

nedgrimley
Contributor
Contributor

My wife made a purchase online and the charge on our VISA states: "PAYPAL *SOWEWAY. My wife does not have a PayPal account. I cannot find any way to file a dispute with PayPal without logging into my account, but since the charge did not come through my account, it is not acknowledged. How can we file a dispute if the charge was through the sellers PayPal account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

jugheadnaut
Contributor
Contributor

Shenzhen Soweway is a scam seller (just look for all of the threads here that expose them, or google them). You're lucky that the transaction went through a credit card, and your best bet will always be dispute through the card. For all intents and purposes, PayPal is an accomplice in the scam with Shenzhen Soweway, and you won't get anywhere with them even if you could reach them.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

jugheadnaut
Contributor
Contributor

Shenzhen Soweway is a scam seller (just look for all of the threads here that expose them, or google them). You're lucky that the transaction went through a credit card, and your best bet will always be dispute through the card. For all intents and purposes, PayPal is an accomplice in the scam with Shenzhen Soweway, and you won't get anywhere with them even if you could reach them.

Login to Me Too

nedgrimley
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I was afraid of that. Even after she made the purchase my wife wondered if she had made a mistake.. Enjoy your day..

Login to Me Too

Temp20230526CE
Contributor
Contributor

exactly....paypal is in cohoots with several fraudsters. DO NOT USE PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

nedgrimley
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds like maybe the idea of a Class Action Law Suit is in order??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.