PayPal didn't even look at proof

DBarker
New Community Member
I ordered 2 kayaks (35 lbs each) from a seller using PayPal. I reported the seller who was fraudulently using Walmart's logo. The seller gave a USPS tracking number. We went to the local post office (small community) and the tracking number was for a different person at a different address. In addition, the package delivered to the other person was only 4oz. I reported this to PayPal and they ruled in favor of the seller because they gave a tracking number (even though the package for the tracking number wasn't for me or at my address or the items I ordered)!! Now, I am trying to appeal the case, but there is no Appeal button available. How has anyone else handled a situation like this? The whole reason I used PayPal was so that my transaction was safe and protected!!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Shawna

Hi @DBarker,

Thank you for visiting the Community Forum. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty appealing the outcome of your claim. Typically, the option to appeal is available for 10 days. If it is within that 10 day timeframe, I'd recommend reaching out to Customer Support for help appealing the case. You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact and then Call Us at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

I hope this helps!

-Shawna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.