PayPal deny sending an email saying my transaction would be returned... What can I do?

tekgecko
New Community Member

I am absolutely disgusted at the shocking level of customer care in this company.

Long story short, my account was hacked (through a virus on my PC) and someone brought 4 PlayStation network cards from a CD key site for £180 (well known money laundering scam) and after several email appeals to my case I was sent an email telling me the money will be returned.

I was also asked to provide a clean virus scan screenshot as evidence the issue on my machine was resolved before reinstating access to my PC. This all indicates that the version of events had been accepted.

Fast forward several days the transaction had not been removed from my credit account and when I call back up they have no reference to such an email!

This is after being told by one girl on the phone that I would definitely get the refund.

I have been sent back and forth between being told to call up and to email and complain. I have done both several times now and wasted hours of my time dealing with the matter.

Where do I stand? What can I do? Does anyone in this company know what they are doing?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tekgecko 

If you have that email then have you forwarded it to them with a request for them to honour their promise although I am surprised that they cover you for an account hijack of your own making as normally you are responsible in keeping your account info secret on your end.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tekgecko
New Community Member

Thanks for your reply, I have already done that, but the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing. I am getting told different things by different people.

Every time I put in a complaint I get fobbed off told I need to send the message somewhere else, and even through they have capacity for attachments, they wont open them!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.