PayPal denied my dispute on authorized transaction

Davidapdavid
New Community Member
I recently got someone unknown and unauthorized using my account to do purchases on online gaming stores. The person did three transactiond in the same hour. The first transaction was about £35 and luckily I managed to get the money back from PayPal. It was done on a website called Omnyex ecommerce, and the first thing that came up when I googled Omnyex was an PayPal thread about someone getting several unauthorized transactions on that website. The second and third transaction was done consecutively with an amount of $50 both, so $100 in total. The person used it on a website called OffGamers and I can state that I do not even have any account on that website. The funny thing was that PayPal denied my dispute on those last two unauthorized transactions while it can be clearly seen that those two were unauthorized just like the first. I have gone to the resolution center and waited for 24 hours. I came back seeing PayPal denying my unauthorized transaction dispute. Is there a way I can claim a chargeback? Is there another way I can open the case again?
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Davidapdavid, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

It is odd that one claim would be accepted and a further 2 claims for the same merchant have been denied. I would recommend appealing the claim decision on the 2 denied cases. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

MacOrange
New Community Member

Tengo una deuda pendiente en mi cuenta del mismo tipo, me hicieron cargos en concepto de OFFGAMERS GLOBAL PTE LTD y OMNYEX ECOMMERCE DMCC de compras digitales no reembolsables por un valor de aproximadamente 250€. Paypal me denegó la disputa injustamente ya que no fueron compras autorizadas. Dejé de usar el servicio paypal y probablemente nunca más lo haga debido a esa deuda.

I have an outstanding debt in my account of the same type, I was charged by OFFGAMERS GLOBAL PTE LTD and OMNYEX ECOMMERCE DMCC for non-refundable digital purchases worth approximately € 250. Paypal denied me the dispute unfairly since they were not authorized purchases. I stopped using the paypal service and probably never will again because of that debt.

Login to Me Too

JSB89
Contributor
Contributor

did you ever get you money back from the offgamers? i was just charged $161.74 and they won't let me cancel or dispute them on the website. I have to call them tomorrow when they are in office.

Login to Me Too

kp944
Contributor
Contributor

I too have had $161.74 hit me twice on the 19th of December.  Been busy and out of town with Christmas so just seeing these charges.  I am disputing but wondered if you made any headway with PayPal last week?  How can this possibly happen????  I am livid over this!

Login to Me Too

JSB89
Contributor
Contributor
I was charged twice for $161.74 from offgamers on 12/19 and Paypal has been fighting me on it. I called and placed my dispute because it wouldnt let me do it online. The guy said he could get it reversed for me bc it was still pending. Never happened.. the charges went through and then paypal denied my dispute. I called again and they created another dispute and told me to also file a dispute with my vank for the $ that came out of my bank account. So Id and then they tried to tell me they can no longer repay me for my paypal balance because my made a dispute with my bank account and thats against paypal policy... so again I was on the phone with paypal for a 4th time and the lady was being super rude and kept repeating that they wont refund me because i filed with my bank. Eventually I got to talk to a manager and she was super nice and helpful and said they will do a full review of my case and get me my paypal balance back... i also got an update stating that they determined that the chargers were indeed unauthorized but wouldn't be able to refund me bc my dispute with my bank.. Paypal has just been trying to bully me and not pay me back my money.. one of the chargers took my paypal balance and additional funds from my bank so Paypal is trying to say bc my bank is taking care of the $40, paypal cant take care of the $121 from my paypal balance... this is a mess and just mind blowing how crappy they are treating loyal customers.. especially during the holidays and a pandemic...
Login to Me Too

kp944
Contributor
Contributor

My dispute was denied as well.  I see a class action lawsuit coming PayPal's way!  I did not even know about the key code option - looks likes it's been released over the last few months.  Someone hacked into my account and it was easy/peasy for them to create a key code and make purchases.  Then when PayPal is made aware and asked to help, they tell me these were not unauthorized charges!!  Say What??  Never heard of Offgamers, never made an international transaction previously, and two back to back transactions to the same place within a minute with others experiencing the same thing needs to raise a red flag at PayPal!  This is insane they are telling us all that they will continue to allow this to happen to the same place.  I might be contacting an attorney come Monday!!  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kp944 

Sadly paypal does not cover you for all unauthorised disputes, if they think it was your responsibility then they will decline.

Examples are you have a virus on your computer OR you responded to a spoof email and gave away your log in information etc.

Also you can by all means get an attorney if you can afford their high fees and can guarantee winning but you can no longer do class action suits with paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JSB89
Contributor
Contributor
Nope none of that happened.. paypal created a key idea and someone used the key idea to take advantage of innocent customers. Paypal decided to push this key check out system without having the correct cyber securoty defense and let down a lot of loyal customers and in return we get our disputes denied... since last time I talked to a manager and they said they are going to run a full review, I have not heard a word nor does my account say anything about a dispute or review happening.. I bet when I call for an update they are going to act confused and say there are no disputes or anything.. pathetic
Login to Me Too

kp944
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal arbitrarily decided to institute a very easy key code setup that should have never happened.  Then they also arbitrarily denied disputes in one day with no investigation.  That is pathetic.  When several customers at minimum and quite probably many more have the exact same transactions for the exact same amounts to the exact same game site, there is obviously something terribly wrong.  PayPal should at minimum do some investigation into the unauthorized charges because contrary to the opinion of whomever is denying these claims, they are quite obviously NOT authorized.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.