PayPal denied my dispute/ caseID: [PP-D-80585518]

User0112
Contributor
Contributor

I bought 3 dresses from an online website but they only provided one shipping number and that was for only one of the dress. The shipping took over 3 weeks since my order. Since I only received one dress, I’ve been trying to contact the seller for more information regarding the other two dress but they have not given me any more shipping details regarding those two dresses. I waited for 3 more weeks before I asked them for a refund of the two dresses I never received. They kept telling me to wait with no real solution, at one point they just stopped replying to my emails, so I then open a dispute on PayPal. Since the dispute, the seller replied fast alright, but they just kept telling me to close the dispute or else they can’t refund me. I tried to communicate with them but they wouldn’t refund so I escalated the case to PayPal, hoping they could help me. I waited 3 weeks again but PayPal never asked me anything regarding the order and transaction. Then I just get an email saying that the 1 tracking number from the seller was provided so PayPal will be denying my case. But that ONE tracking number was only for the first dress I actually received when I paid for 3 dresses in total. I’m trying to figure out how to appeal the closed case but I’m not sure how to. I’m so disappointed, hopefully someone can give me an answer on what to do. It feels like the seller just scammed me. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

LemmyIsGod
Contributor
Contributor

I can sympathise with your situation. I purchased an item back in March, lodged a dispute when i hadn't received it nearly 3 months later. According to the tracking number it was delivered, seeing as i have rarely left the house and am also working from home,since this whole bad flu started i would love to know where it was delivered to! Currently can't find a way to appeal my decision, they say there is a link, but i am damned if i can find it on the website. Time to hunt the site or lodge a new complaint

Login to Me Too

User0112
Contributor
Contributor

I know. I’m so disappointed. I was really hoping for a solution here. Do you know if we can appeal a closed case?

Login to Me Too

LemmyIsGod
Contributor
Contributor

According to the help instructions it is possible (click here, follow this link, look down and then click another link) but it is the "another link" bit i cant find! I eventually found a way to email paypal directly (had to google it, not easy to find on the site itself) to try and raise an appeal so will now have to wait and see if they come back to me. Link is https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/contact-us?email=privacy

Frustratingly, i have another case that i wish to start a dispute for, but cannot seem to do that through the normal way, unless i am missing something. I will get another look at it tomorrow and see if it is (for some unknown reason) the laptop and operating system i am using currently on my personal laptop (will test on my work laptop over lunch).

The chat bot they use (messaging............yeah right) is useless as well, so dont even other with it.

Login to Me Too

User0112
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for letting me know. I’m just frustrated at this point. No one from PayPal has tried to reach out to help me fix this either.
Login to Me Too

5150Chck
New Community Member
Has anyone filed a dispute of the charges with their bank? PayPal did the same thing to me. Seller blatantly lied and the item was not what I bought. PayPal denied the claim and I can’t find any recourse. I have no choice but to dispute the charge with my bank. I’m just curious how that will go. I would think since the bank wrote their policies they would go with me on the dispute and not with PayPal.
Login to Me Too

User0112
Contributor
Contributor
I haven’t tried that before. I couldn’t even find where to contact their support info. This incident made me hesitate to use PayPal for my purchases now. Let me know if you have tried to contact their bank.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.