PayPal denied my claim for unauthorised transaction. Help!!

Starlight2
Contributor
Contributor

There was a purchase made on my eBay account on Wednesday without my knowledge. It was paid with my PayPal account. What is odd though is the delivery address is my home. After speaking to eBay customer service advisor, I contacted both the seller and Paypal about the situation. The seller agreed to cancel the transaction but it turned out that she couldn't do so because there was an ongoing claim on PayPal about this transaction. Next day, PayPal closed the case with a denial. I thought it didn't matter as the seller agreed to cancel the transaction and issue the full refund. However, despite the fact that the case is closed, the seller still couldn't cancel the transaction because of the PayPal claim. After three days of no luck, we decided to try another way that is, for me to initiate the return, but the system doesn't let me do so again, because of the PayPal claim. I can't even appeal to this decision because there is no such an option. The listing has 14 days return policy and most importantly, the seller agree to cancel the transaction and PayPal doesn't let us do anything so both of us are stuck. Please help!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Starlight2 

How about asking the seller to send you the money back as a new separate transaction and cancel the order on eBay.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.