PayPal denied my claim PP-D-109462363 in favor of the scammer.

immi_grant
Contributor
Contributor

It's just unthinkable! I never thought this could happen. I wanted to buy a bracelet from Chrome Hearts and chose the Grailed. One seller was selling such a bracelet and stated in his listing that it was new. He posted good photos of the bracelet, which showed that the product was in excellent condition. We agreed on a price of $ 1,400. I paid for the bracelet through PayPal without worrying about anything, since Grailed has a Buyer Protection Guarantee. But when I received the bracelet from the seller, I was very disappointed, because the seller sent me a completely different bracelet than the one on the photos in his listing. The bracelet he sent me was in very used condition and looked like a usual replica for $ 200, i. e. not the original bracelet from famous Chrome Hearts. I immediately opened a dispute on PayPal and showed the seller the photos of the bracelet that he had sent. But the seller didn't want to admit that the two bracelets were completely different. Then I found out that my seller also bought the bracelet on Grailed from another user a little earlier for $ 850. But I was outraged by something else. My seller named "lucamancu" copied the bracelet description, which was done by its first seller named "Julian20". Moreover, he even used all the photos that Julian20 used in his listing. Below are 2 links to the same bracelet:
https://www.grailed.com/listings/19560874-chrome-hearts-chrome-hearts-6-link-bracelet-sterling-silve...
https://www.grailed.com/listings/21009752-chrome-hearts-chrome-hearts-6-link-bracelet-sterling-silve...
The 1st link is the sale of the bracelet by Yulin20, the 2nd link is the sale of the bracelet by lucamancu. Then the dispute turned into a claim. I uploaded over 10 clear photos showing that the bracelet in my seller's listing and the one I received from him by UPS were two completely different bracelets, although they were both of the same model. I specially marked out on my photos those places on the bracelets where it was clearly visible that they were quite different. PayPal instructed me to send the bracelet back to the seller by May 3, 2021, and also provide a tracking number to confirm this shipment. I sent the bracelet on April 26th and provided the following tracking number from Fedex: 9622080000009109641300934729520290. According to this track, my seller received the parcel on April 29th and signed for it. It can be clerly seen here: https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack/?trknbr=9622080000009109641300934729520290&trkqual=12021~9347295202...
I believed that I did everything honestly and correctly and just waited for a decision from PayPal without worrying that PayPal decide the outcome of the claim in my favor and I would receive a refund of my 1400 dollars. While waiting, I fulfilled my dream - I bought the original bracelet from Chrome Hearts at their officail store in New York City at 755 Washington Street. It can be seen here: https://checkoutshopper-live.adyen.com/checkoutshopper/payByLink.shtml?d=PL54FBA86485FE85AE
I realized that it was better to overpay a few hundred dollars, but then be 100% sure that you will receive a genuine product and not a fake, which will also be completely new. But what was my surprise and disappointment when yesterday I received the following message from PayPal: "We have reviewed this transaction (s) and are denying your claim (s). This decision was made because we did not receive valid proof or tracking that you returned the merchandise."
I could not understand if it was a dream or in reality! I returned the bracelet to the seller, provided both the seller and the PP with the tracking number, which clearly shows that my parcel was sent on April 26th from New Jersey and received by the seller in Florida on April 29th, and the seller signed it when receiving the parcel. How could such a thing happen that PayPal deprived me of both the bracelet and the money.
I also asked for help from the Grailed site itself, but they did not help me. I just asked to check our personal communication with the seller, by which it was already possible to judge that the seller was a scammer. He even offered me to pay for the goods through bitcoin, but $ 200 cheaper, but I immediately refused and chose only PayPal. So I chose PayPal, but the result was the same if I chose Bitcoin. Even worse, I lost $ 200 more through PayPal. Now I just don't know what to do. Didn't PayPal want to check the tracking number that I provided? Was it enough for PayPal to hear from the seller that he had not received his bracelet back? This is just some kind of nightmare! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@immi_grant 

All that could have been summed up and saved a lot of time by saying, paypal declined a dispute for item received but not as described because they said I didn't provide trackable proof of delivery but I did on the xxx !!!!!

Appeal......

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.