PayPal demanding my ssn

NayPvl
New Community Member

Hello, 

So my account is about a month old. I made 3 sales. 2 with positive feedback received and 2 with delivery confirmed. I initially contacted ebay asking if they can mark my item as delivered since the buyer and myself left positive feedback for each other. Reason I asked for it to be marked was because I didn't know how to mark it delivered since the buyer had requested that I message the code rather than physical delivery. Ebay claimed to be helpless on the matter so I contacted PayPal. PayPal also claims to have no knowledge about it and then proceeded to limit my account. Since they had limited it out of nowhere without cause I missed out on several sales along with several items I had won and was unable to pay due to account limitations. I got about 17 no pay strikes due to limitations and the money I earned from sales is still being held even though eBay and PayPal took their cut.

I uploaded paystub, piece of mail, drivers ID card along with social security card but only showing the last 4 digits because the law and rules of PayPal is if a buyer sells more then $20k in sales or 200 completed sales need to provide the ssn for tax purposes, that and that only will I provide what they ask. I only sold 3 things and they hold my earnings limit my account won't accept my provided info and they are not asking but telling me I'm a business and want copies of receipts from where I get my stuff. I'm just a person selling a couple things here and there how does this qualify me as a business and need to upload my ssn and ID and alot of unnecessary information for just 3 sales. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.