PayPal declined my claim for refund as they paid to WordPress without my re-authorization

BrianTarn
New Community Member

Dear All,

I purchased domains and services with WordPress for some time, then I decided to stop buying that. I logged into my PayPal and canceled the billing agreement with WordPress.com. On 25-June-2019, I received an email confirmation that PayPal will not authorize any payment without my re-authorization.

Suddenly, yesterday, I received a bill from WordPress.com for all the service without any re-authorization from me. I went to the Resolution Center and filed a claim about this transaction. PayPal just replied that this is an authorized payment and said they denied my claim. This is totally their mistake. Why would I accept such mistake? Then they closed the case. I want to discuss/argue about this payment but they didn't allow me to do so. I then used Facebook Messenger to ask for help. The person in charge asked me to go to Resolution Center to Escalate to Paypal but I there is no Escalate to PayPal. The website closed this function.

I have been using PayPal for nearly 10 years for my online transaction. If this case cannot be solved, I am going to close my account.

Billing agreement cancellation confirmation 01.png

I attached herewith the confirmation email from PayPal.

Please help me.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @BrianTarn,

I'm sorry to hear that the case was closed. This particular scenario may better match the description of a billing issue rather than an unauthorized payment, since the billing agreement was authorized initially. Please contact customer service and request assistance getting a dispute appeal set up with the reason being that it is a billing issue, since the billing agreement that you did authorize was utilized to make a payment after it was canceled.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.