PayPal customer service is non-existent, and their website programming is seriously flawed

onetrack
New Community Member

I ordered an item from a seller in China and asked for it to be shipped via standby airfreight. After waiting over 3 weeks, and getting erroneous information from the seller, I decided they had not sent the item. Accordingly, I initiated an "Item not received" Dispute.

The original order was carried out on 24th August, and I initiated a Dispute on 15th September. PayPal advised it would "be resolved" by the end of September. That then became the 5th of October. The seller never replied to my complaint through PayPal, but advised me the item had been sent.

Lo and behold, the item arrives on the 5th October, so I try to contact PayPal to advise the item has been delivered, and the dispute has been resolved.

But there is no way to contact PayPal! I leave messages on the Assistant page, saying "Dispute resolved", and obviously no-one in PayPal sees these messages! 

On the PayPal transaction webpage, there is a question "Have you received this order?" - but there is NO ABILITY to answer the question!!

PayPal has had my business for 20 years, but I'm afraid this appalling customer service and inability to contact anyone in PayPal has reached new heights of corporate stupidity!

On top of that, the seller now advises me that the payment has been taken from his account. But there's no sign of any refund in my account! What is PayPal doing with this money? Just utilising it to fund their business operations? I am absolutely disgusted with PayPals (non) performance and it is highly likely I will not be using PayPal for any transactions in future, such is their appalling level of (non) interaction with customers.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Daggaboer
Contributor
Contributor
Tell u what PayPal is getting serious competition,soon their days of arrogance will be over.With non-existant customer service it's just a question of time,iam looking at very reasonable alternative already.....👍👍
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.