PayPal customer service is absolutely abominable

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

First of all, I'm not sure who will see this as there seems to only be a few active members on this forum...

As seen in this thread, the two community members (not sure if they work for PayPal or are just users), @nevadasmith and @kernowlass, stopped replying after I asked where the User Agreement stated a policy, as rather than acknowledging that it isn't stated, they instead chose to ignore the rest of my responses.

In addition, PayPal email customer service continues to dodge my questions despite communicating with them for several weeks trying to get a straight answer. Their representatives have been extremely inconsistent with their messages, one stating "the case has been decided in your buyer's favour as we're unable to verify the virtual/intangible item or service was received by your buyer and is as described" (I AM THE BUYER) and another stating "we found that the seller's listing accurately described the item." Secondly, one representative stated that decisions on SND cases are "considered final and cannot be appealed," while another stated that they could be appealed with new/additional information (which is correct, they CAN be appealed).

Finally, I have multiple points/questions and have continuously asked them to reply to all points by numbering responses, yet they keep copy pasting a generic response to avoid the entire email.

I am aware calling is an option but I have done so in the past and it is a complete waste of time. They bounce you from one rep to another and you spend the entire call holding only to receive differing information and the "I'm sorry for what the other representative said but he was incorrect." Chat support is terrible as well (described in my previous thread).

Honestly, I'm at the point of filing a BBB compliant or taking PayPal to small claims court (although it would be for only $5 which is an amount I would not normally bother about, PayPal's actions are unacceptable). Clearly, they are exercising a policy not delineated in the legal paperwork, which is in this case not covering SND digital goods cases with Purchase Protection AND not answering questions regarding this matter.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.