PayPal customer service at it's finest! Someone with a brain help!?

JumboJets
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased 2 fans from a site here: https://www.infine.world/am08-fan--dyson-white-pedestal    (Dyson Air Multiplier AM08 Pedestal Fan)

Fans weigh 14 pounds each. 

Case ID: PP-D-78542137    

Case ID: PP-D-78542107

Fans look like this: dyson am08.jpgdyson am08.jpg

Fans weigh 14 pounds: 

am08 fan weight.PNG

Seller attached 2 completely fictitious tracking numbers originating from 2 different sources in different states. Neither items arrive at my place. I filed a dispute for 'item not received' and seller did not reply to the dispute.

USPS 

<removed>

Mind the fact that the fan weighs 14 pounds, the seller claims to have shipped it with USPS First Class Mail, which has a weight limit of 13 ounces. 

<removed>

13oz.PNG

It was impossible for seller to have shipped a fan that weighs 14 pounds via USPS First Class Mail which has a maximum weight capacity of 13 ounces (0.8125 pounds)!

UPS

<removed>

Same with this, seller attached another fictitious tracking with a weight of 39 pounds and it was signed off by someone named Ruben, which isn't the name of anyone here.

ups fan.PNG

Seller's site is now defunct and non existent and seller is managing to make a runway attempt with my funds. https://www.infine.world/am08-fan--dyson-white-pedestal

PayPal fan.PNG

Good ole trustworthy PayPal customer service, sides with seller's side despite no reply from the seller during the dispute and despite the enormity of the evidence against the seller. 

PayPal is aiding and abetting a criminal conduct mail and wire fraud! If I do not get a successful appeal with the return of my funds that I now a victim of a cyber-crime of, I will be filing charge backs with my payment processor and filing a lawsuit against PayPal Inc with their registered agent.

@PayPal employees with a brain: I would like a return of my funds immediately! 

@PayPal_Jo @PayPal_Jae @PayPal_Roy @PayPal_EJ @PayPal_BJ 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

JumboJets
Contributor
Contributor

To the top of the pile but how much of a help is that really considering this forum is 100% useless. 

Login to Me Too

JumboJets
Contributor
Contributor

Appears so that no one at PayPal has a brain, who woulda thought?!?! 

Using the Covid excuse to decline clients the support they need and deserve and saving wage expenses while at that too - touche. 

A bit overplayed. 

😡

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This is a very common scam, where the seller provides a legitimate tracking number, perhaps to the right zip code but not the right address. Theory is that PayPal doesn't seemed to be operated by human beings capable of thought and reason. So as long as a tracking number says UPSP or UPS or whomever has delivered a package somewhere, then that is good enough for PayPal. Case closed.

There is a variation of this scam where the seller actually send somehthing to the right address, but not you ordered, rather something inconsequential like a mask or two (a sick joke IMO), cheap to send but expensive to send back; theory is buyer will file complaint but seller insist on item being returned so buyer is stuck between risking more out of pocket money to recover initial payment, or cut the losses and abandon case. This scam usually originates from sites that advertise items between $50 - $70, leads me to believe these scammers had done some research into just how much most consumers are willing to put up with to get their money back (i.e., if you lost $200, then you're more likely to be persistent in getting that back vs if you'd lost $50). So by knowing this big loophole of PayPal's and setting up a bogus store online (easy enough to do nowadays), they make out pretty good, the online market place is huge as everyone knows, just a small fraction of victims will feed scammers for a long time. How PayPal hasn't caught on already is beyond comprehension.

Do announce any class action law suit here, there are dozens if not more people here in this community ready to join.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.