PayPal closed in favour of my scammer

JamesCoates

My seller advertised a piece of software, and the software was not as he advertised. I provided evidence that the product was Significantly Not As Described. Several weeks later, he gave evidence that resulted in PayPal closing in his favour. 

I am unsure what evidence he could have possibly given, but is there any way I can either

A) see the evidence he apparently gave to result in PayPal closing in his favour, or

B) dispute the resolution of the claim?

The mistake PayPal made was regarding his Terms of Service, which was unrelated to the product. The "Service" refers to the website itself, which was unrelated to the product he sold me.

https://aimkit.net/tos.html

I believe the seller in this case mislead PayPal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

dkouzou
Contributor
Contributor

In my case, I received no information or feedback from PayPal.  I provided plenty of evidence, but they just closed my case in favor of scammer.  In reading this forum, it appears there is no attempt by PayPal to check claims (do they even bother to read anything?), and their decision is a coin-flip.  I recommend in future to sticking with a credit card, when at least one has real protection.  I will take my own advice and limit future use of PayPal.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.