PayPal closed case even though seller started issuing refund

Gt1977
Contributor
Contributor
I bought a kitchen set from the range , when it arrived the parts didn’t fit together and it was not made properly . I contacted the range but they took days to get back to me . I decided to open a case with PayPal and the range soon contacted me to arrange sending it back . The range received the item and acknowledge the return where they said they were starting the refund . However PayPal closed the case in their favour as PayPal didn’t have the tracking info . Surely the range are still going to refund me seeing as they’ve emailed me to say they’ve received it ? Cheers
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Bindu

Hi @Gt1977,

Thank you for the post and welcome to our community forum!

Sorry to hear the issue with your purchase. I understand that you have not received the refund from the merchant. It seems like you're unhappy with the decision of the case and want the refund. In this case, you can appeal the outcome of a claim, you can do so within 10 days of case closure.

• The Appeal button will only be available for 10 days after your case has been closed. If it's been over 10 days, please contact us.

I hope this helps. 

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gt1977 

I doubt paypal will do anything about this as even if you won a dispute for not as described they would require a return tracking number from you to prove delivery back to the seller.

If the item was delivered to your address, the seller's tracking would show successful delivery. What happens to the package after that delivery is typically not tracked by a shipping company. In a situation of a significantly not as described item, the buyer is typically instructed to ship the item back with their own tracking.

So its between you and the Range to sort out but if they don't refund you then you have the option of the small claims court.

If you let them know you will be going down that route they normally quickly sort things out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.