PayPal close my dispute case without reason and get no reply from the seller.

Coolais
Contributor
Contributor

I bought something a 28days ago, and still haven't received the item because the seller refuses to send the item out until I pay the shipping fees. I have asked for a refund and filed a dispute because I can't afford to pay the shipping fees which higher than the items I want to buy 8 times. The items cost me $37.29 USD but the shipping fees was $280 USD which is crazy. This is the Chinese online company www.86mall.com. before you purchase with them and they will claims the items will be free shipping. Until you paid up everything then they will told you that you have to pay the shipping fees otherwise they won't post out the item. When you ask for a refund from the seller then they just ignore you no matter how many times you call them. i decided to submit a refund thru PayPal. 

I make a dispute and claim on 1st April 2018 until today my case close by PayPal and fail to get back my refund. Paypal doesn't give any detail why the case fails. Another funny thing where the seller never response to PayPal between 1st April - 25th April. I saw the action PayPal did send an email to seller more than 4 times but still the seller did not reply any message. Now I can't file another dispute which PayPal doesn't allow me to do that. 

Please be aware this website. www.86mall.com. They are a scammer but PayPal thinks there are legit. For the review of this scammer site, can goes to this site. https://au.trustpilot.com/review/www.86mall.com

I don't mind my 37.29 USD goes to charity but I do mind scam by this Chinese company. Thanks to PayPal for stick up with those scammers. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

wdinau
New Community Member

86mall.com is definitely a scammy website.

1) the items there cost higher than TaoBao, superBuy etc. already (without shipping)

2) they claim shipping is free, then has bunch of very hidden fees here and there

3) the shipping fees are ridiculous. Only after you made purchase, paid all items, they will get your items into the warehouse and start charge you storage or shipping fee. the shipping fee at that point will be like 3 times or 10 times more expensive than the items you bought. So you have no choice but to give up. So the items you already paid will go into "charity".

4) they charge USD only, for any other countries, you'll have a bad exchange rate, rip off on top of rip off.

Login to Me Too

Coolais
Contributor
Contributor

I can't do any dispute to get my refund back. Paypal block it. Means paypal agree them to continue scamming others paypal customers. By the way, i stop using paypal ever since this happen. Not a big amount but just don't feel safe with this company.

Login to Me Too

plee61
Contributor
Contributor

I spent over USD200 with 86mall but I refused to pay them the shipping fees. So I opened a resolution with Paypal for a full refund and the dispute was closed twice. The first time 86mall refunded me 40cents and closed the resolution. I reopened the resolution but was closed by Paypal due to no respond from the seller. Then I called Paypal to reopen the resolution, Paypal escalated the resolution to a claim. The next day the case was resolved - I was fully refunded by the seller. The case is finally closed after two months.

The only way to stop this scam is to have someone report 86mall to the Chinese government and close the business. And I hope Paypal would stop dealing with 86mall as they are not dealing in good faith. If you wish to buy Chinese goods online from overseas, use AliExpress. The prices may be a bit higher, but they are reliable.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.