PayPal case closes instantly, rule in seller's favour. Buyer losses both claim and items.

Ed180
Contributor
Contributor

I placed order on PipingRock and they supposedly had sent items to a incomplete address,

despite me filling out the full address on their web form.

So I reached out to correct them, but they told me its too late since the parcel has been sent.

They will refund once the item gets back to warehouse as the item will be undelivered and returned.

I was told I will lose my shipping fee. Huh!

That was back in Nov 2019.

Had numerous webchat with customer support on PipingRock to enquire on closure.

They tell me PayPal is holding back the case, so they cannot process further on refund.

I raised total of 5 paypal disputes on this case are closed by Paypal almost instantly, each time saying that its ruled in seller's favour.

Paypal case team did not offer any explanation on the ruling, simply closed without reason.

So much for buyer protection.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

mira38
Contributor
Contributor
@Ed180 
We are from Hungary with my husband, we finally have 2 closed cases with refund! It was a too long 2 months and a lot of messages and disputes I had (ordered the phone in December, for Christmas), PP once closed the case -even if i attached all of the files they needed but they closed it because i didnt do it,they said-
then i wrote a not-so-lovely-letter and it was reopened again and last week they closed the case because they have got no information from the Chinese company and they refund me with the amount of the phone. The package that i returned back is still stucked somewhere in China since 15th of January, we dont know why.
It lasted 2 months. This is so damn ridiculous and outrageous.
They always sent me template messages (i thought they didnt read the messages just sent back something sh...) and asking me to be patient (be patient after 6weeks of nothing, thanks).
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @mira38,

I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through a lot of difficulty to get the refunds. I'm glad to hear the refunds were at last issued.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Ed180
Contributor
Contributor

Followed your advise to call up PayPal.

Finally got the reason, the fault is on me failing to escalate by 10 Dec 2019.

So naive of me to wait for the ETA provide by seller 19 Dec 2019 before the escalation.

Contacted merchant, they demanded a written proof from PayPal that the payment was released.

Contacted PayPal on phone, PayPal refused to provide any writing.

Contacted merchant to request to writing on they non-receipt of payment, they too refused to provide any writing.

Life goes on...poorer but non any wiser

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Ed180,

I'm sorry to hear that the case was not escalated by the escalation deadline. A case must be escalated in the allotted time frame for PayPal to take action in the resolution.

If the merchant is looking for proof that the payment was released, you can view the case by selecting All cases in the resolution Center and provide them any of the information that is in the case. The merchant should not require any of that, however, as they can see in their own history that the payment was released.

I'm very sorry for the difficulty that the merchant is presenting in rectifying the matter.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Ed180
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_Olivia 

I replied to PayPal 9 Dec, before the case was closed on 10 Dec.

I seems that PayPal ignored my plea to extend and close the case in seller favour.

Seller

Your order has already been shipped by Piping Rock.

- Piping Rock Health Products, LLCFriday, 22 November 2019 at 2:48:31 a.m.

You

Since the latest estimated shipment ETA is 19 Dec 2019. Can we extend the expiry of the case to 31 Dec 2019?

-  TeoMonday, 9 December 2019 at 4:31:18 p.m.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Ed180,

I'm sorry that there was any confusion. Extensions are not possible for disputes. If the case had been escalated to a claim, the tracking would have been evaluated and the case would have waited for the tracking to show delivery of time out without movement. To protect yourself, it is always necessary to escalate a case within the allotted time frame.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Ed180,

I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive your item. If an Item Not Received case closed out instantly, that would mean that the tracking that the seller had associated with the transaction was valid and showed delivery. If you would like to appeal the decision, please contact customer service to discuss the details of the situation.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Ed180
Contributor
Contributor

Called the contact center, my case was closed in seller favour because of my failure to escalate by 10 Dec 2019.

PayPal has released payment to seller.

I contacted seller, seller claims PayPal has "close" the case, so they will not process any refunds whatsoever.

I requested email on order status from PipingRock, they declined.

I requested email on case status from PayPal, they declined.

Both ends of the bridge have gone under water.

The story ends here. Had something to laugh about today?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.