PayPal canceled my account

13BooBoo
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using for a short time. I currently have $6390.00 in the account and it is headed to help someone who needs it and given to them by friends. The deposits were made at the beginning of the week and I tried to transfer and was informed that the account was CLOSED WITH NO EXPLANATION. That is not right. PayPal should not be allowed to hold onto anyone’s money and I think I deserve an explanation. Had I known how poor their customer service would be I would never have opened an account. How can I resolve.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@13BooBoo 

Paypal don't close accounts for no reason, why would they when they earn their money by you opening and using that account?

So i presume you mean your account was limited? Did they say you could withdraw any funds after 180 days? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

13BooBoo
Contributor
Contributor
I agree they do not close accounts but they sent me the standard note thatvI cannot use my PayPal ANYMORE without any explanation. And how can they tie up a few thousand dollars of money for up to 6 months. How can I get a message to them for an explanation. That money cannot be tied up without a justified reason. I need and deserve an answer
Login to Me Too

WarrenJohnson1
Contributor
Contributor
I'm actually in the same boat and just got an email today that says they closed it cause it breaks they're rules, and I don't see any part of the agreement that I broke.
Login to Me Too

13BooBoo
Contributor
Contributor
I do not know either but if anyone can give us help to get to the right people for answers and resolution I would be very pleased.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@13BooBoo 

@WarrenJohnson1 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal holds any funds for 180 days as that is the same time frame that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then 'normally' you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.