PayPal buyer scam!

Terasekattricha
New Community Member
Hi guys I am 99% sure this is a scam. I had a pair off Gucci's I tried to sell on gum tree and eBay from Australia as I got laid off due to the coronavirus pandemic. I received message from someone who said their friend wanted to buy. The friend was in China. I looked at international costs and after back and forth gave them the total amount with international post. They agreed. I tried several times to request their location address and sent through a request in PayPal and created one of those pay me links. They just kept asking for my email. Next day: They said what's the amount. I have then the total: $652.30 They told me: Payments been made check your spam. There was a gmail PayPal address in my spam that had some gaff about buyer and seller protection. Surely PayPal doesn't use gmail addresses?! It said funds where paid but did not give the amount but not released to me until I give a tracking number. It looked suspect so I checked my PayPal account and also my other email linked to my PayPal account- nothing. I would understand if PayPal holds amounts until I give as track number but this exchange does not look legitimate. I hope my post has warned other people who will be vulnerable and preyed on. I will be making a more thorough blog post with screen shots.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Terasekattricha 

Scam. PayPal does not use gmail addresses. Also PayPal does not hide payments, asking for tracking number to be provided by email because you have to enter tracking numbers within the PayPal transaction details, for your protection. No PayPal transaction? Nowhere to enter tracking number safely.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.