PayPal & China ruined my Christmas

GDBoots
Contributor
Contributor

This is directed to all PayPal users: 

I made a purchase through PayPal to a Vendor in China Christmas gifts for my grandchildren(it was NOT stated that the items I purchased were being shipped from China) It took over 38 calendar days for the items to arrive two days B4 christmas. I wont go into details on the condition of the items but to sum it up they were total JUNK! When I asked for a refund I was told to give in complete detail what was wrong with both items. I did this and then was told that in order to get a refund I would have to pay for return shipping and when received they would refund my account with PayPal.   OK here is the KICKER! The combined total for the two items was $53.98! THE RETURN SHIPPING COST AS PER "UPS / USPO / ALLIGATOR SHIPPING  WAS $152.00!!! AND NONE OF THE SHIPPERS WOULD GUARANTEE DELIVERY AFTER THE ITEM LEFT THE " USA"!  PayPal says they will reimburse the shipping cost up to $30.00 on any purchase under $100.00.   YOU DO THE MATH ON THIS AND SEE IF IT WOULD BE WORTH IT??? The bottom line here is DON'T do business with Vendors from China and DON'T expect PayPal to back you up!!! It looks like I will have to eat the $53.98 and my grandchildren will go without there Christmas Gifts!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

adg204
New Community Member

I have a similar issue: ordered item for Xmas present on 12/01/2019. After 44 days, filed claim with PayPal. While they investigate, the item gets delivered so PayPal denies claim because item was "received". Did not know item was shipping from China or would not of bought it. Now I believe I am stuck with the item due to excessive shipping costs to return it. Beware of ads in Facebook.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.