PayPal allows sellers that use their platform to rip off consumers

stevenb123
New Community Member

So, I am assuming that this is not the first time this has happened.

I purchased an item from a seller through PayPal, a license key for a TV tuner software from Hauppauge.  Hauppauge never sent me the license, so thinking that PayPal would save the day, I opened a case hoping that PayPal would force the seller to return my payment, or send me the license.  I have just found that PayPal has closed the issue without resolution.  PayPal allows sellers to rip consumers off.  I have always used PayPal thinking that it was a payment platform that would protect consumers from fraudulent sellers on the internet.  NOT the case.  My next step, bringing PayPal to the small claims court and never using their platform again.  I will also be telling every person I know not to use PayPal because PayPal will do nothing if they aren't sent their goods.  Thanks PayPal!  I guess sometimes you need to learn the hard way...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stevenb123 

Paypal gives you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection but that can't be a 100% coverall so the onus is on all of us to risk assess our own transactions.

Paypal does bail us out sometimes but its not guaranteed as they are not an insurance company but a payment processor.

Which dispute did you open because odd you lost if you opened a dispute for non receipt of item or service?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.