PayPal allowed scammer to keep money

Mustang96720
Contributor
Contributor

Purchase intangible service for $695, seller copied and pasted my resume in a new word document and made it look like he did the work. Seller just change my resume from bulletin points to semi-commas. Service was completely not as described and fraudulent. PayPal allowed for this scammer to keep my money. What happened to buyer protection? I paid for this https://careerproinc.com/individual-services, but received my resume copy and pasted. The missed up part even those that I provide evidence to PayPal, they will still file in favor of the seller because the work looks different from the original, although he copied and pasted. I have been shouting at PayPal over the phone, even spoke with someone in the United States. They have become corrupt since start Venmo.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mustang96720 

Very little buyer protection for intangible items, if you funded the paypal payment with a credit card (a must in my opinion if you are buying intangible items) then do a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mustang96720
Contributor
Contributor
I purchase intangible items in the past from justanswer.com. PayPal filed in my favor. It seems when it comes to large dollar amounts they **bleep** you over. The missed up part the seller never provided documents, just his word against mines. They filed in his favor based on statement, and closed the case without even contacting me to provide the evidence.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.