PayPal activity and charges to bank do not match (duplicate bank charges)

PD_
Contributor
Contributor

Over New Years I took 2 Lyfts which bill directly to my PayPal, which then take the money from my bank.

My PayPal account activity shows the correct transactions and amounts that Lyft billed me for. The amounts match the receipts I got from Lyft for a total of $80.39. However, my bank account was charged by PayPal a total of 4 times for $93.03. I've included screenshots comparing the charges between PayPal and my bank. There are no other PayPal activities that would have come out of my bank during this time period.

I called my bank and they said PayPal had made the request for funds so I'd have to call them to resolve. I called PayPal and they said it was Lyft who had done the charges and to open a dispute. However since everything appears correctly with no duplicates charged in my PayPal activity, when I try to report something as a duplicate charge, it says there are none.

I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to get this fixed.

Paypal account activityPaypal account activityBank charges from PaypalBank charges from Paypal

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.